Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "WRITE ERROR on recording, disk full?"

Title
    Thanks

"WRITE ERROR on recording, disk full?"

Dears, I'm using Openvix on Vu+ Solo 2, with external network HDD using ntfs and I'm getting same errors. Any idea? I don't want to get back to BH, I didn't have this issue before

Moderator EDIT:
    Posts moved from this thread.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...s-now-and-then
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 29-11-15 at 23:08.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ymeknassi View Post
    Dears, I'm using Openvix on Vu+ Solo 2, with external network HDD using ntfs and I'm getting same errors. Any idea? I don't want to get back to BH, I didn't have this issue before
    Dears, have started from fresh installationonce again. I'm using cifs mount using autofs. Network drive not mounted as HDD but it's target location for recording. No tspanel. Any ideas?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Dears, have started from fresh installationonce again. I'm using cifs mount using autofs. Network drive not mounted as HDD but it's target location for recording. No tspanel. Any ideas?

One last update, I have redone a fresh install. Removed all mount points except the network drive that I use now as HDD using autofs cifs mount. No plugin I installed manually except mediaplayer2 and subssupport. Still, the issue is there. Any help please?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

"WRITE ERROR on recording, disk full?" messa

Vix image does not have ntfs drivers in base image. You have to install them first if you want to use a hdd in ntfs file system.

If you are using a network mount, you must have write permissions.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Vix image does not have ntfs drivers in base image. You have to install them first if you want to use a hdd in ntfs file system.

If you are using a network mount, you must have write permissions.
    Hi,

I actually use cifs nerwork mount. The recording actually starts but stops after a random time wity disk full error. I'm connected directly to the network drive using ethernet cable. And it stops after a random amount of time or size recorded. Any idea?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    And it stops after a random amount of time or size recorded. Any idea?
    Quotas set on the CIFS file server?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Quotas set on the CIFS file server?
    It's a LaCie cloudbox and there are no such options on it. On Top, I am.able to manually start another record which also behave the same after some time...

Title
    Thanks

Not really random after all. Look at the recordings I have made. First and second ones are from blackhole (no issue recording behaved as expected). The next ones are all from openvix. Look at the first 7 ones. Exactly same size. I'm back to bh today to make checks. Checking also using openatv

Title
    Thanks
    First and second ones are from blackhole (no issue recording behaved as expected). The next ones are all from openvix. Look at the first 7 ones. Exactly same size.
    Which look suspiciously like and issue around 32-bit integer file sizes (2**31/19024 is 2097152).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    I agree it's suspicious. I'm trying again using blackhole. Had same issue with openatv. I'll confirm in a while if it's an image issue or something else after all

Title
    Thanks
    Hey guys. I confirm it's an image related issue so far. Installed back blackhole and can do indefinite recording (I tries up to 24Gb). Back to Openvix now, I have the same issue again. Note the issue also occured on OpenATV. I'm doing last tries using different mount options. But I think it does't work on all OE-alliance based images... that's unfortunate! vix team, can you investigate on it? Need any logs?

Title
    Thanks
    Debug logs would be great. Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Hey guys. I confirm it's an image related issue so far.
    Which is a little odd. Clearly OpenVix can handle files larger than this, and it shouldn't be concerned as to the type of file-system which is being used to store a recording.
    So that would leave the problem with the kernel cifs module - which i'd expect to be the same for the different images (as it's part of the kernel).

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-11-15),ymeknassi (29-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    ......So that would leave the problem with the kernel cifs module - which i'd expect to be the same for the different images (as it's part of the kernel).
    Not always the same and changes as and when provided by manufacturer. Hopefully OP can confirm kernel versions.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ymeknassi (29-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Not always the same and changes as and when provided by manufacturer. Hopefully OP can confirm kernel versions.
    I'm building the log... Will post in a while

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast