Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU Duo with VU Zero

Title
    Thanks

VU Duo with VU Zero

I was reading about the VU Zero the other day and read that one of the features was you could use the Zero to connect to the Solo2 and Duo2 and retrieve any recordings made on the Solo2/Duo2.

Does anyone know whether the same applies for connecting the Zero to a Duo1?

It would be great to purchase the Zero for our bedroom and be able to get our downstairs recordings, upstairs!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes this is possible between all boxes that run vix images, not just VU+.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

tim132 (18-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Is there any tuts for setting this up ?
    Thanks in advance .

Title
    Thanks
    Brilliant thanks for that. I didn't realise it was a vix feature rather than a VU+ feature. I'm guessing it's pretty simple to set up, once both boxes are connected to the network then you should be able to find the Duo from the Zero's menu somewhere!?

Title
    Thanks
    I can find my main box on the network , but cannot mount the hdd up .
    Any pointers ?
    Sorry to thread jack ;-)

Title
    Thanks
    I have no idea because I'm not set up yet. It's an interesting question though if it's not as simple as you would think. I'm not bothered about you 'thread jacking' but it's probably worth starting a new thread and see if someone answers you there.

Title
    Thanks
    Last edited by tim132; 18-11-15 at 10:16.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    First of all make sure each boxes hard drive is correctly mounted in each box and dchp is turned off, then install nfs package on both boxes, this is located in setup/system/network.
    The box will restart, the re navigate to network settings and choose mount set up, in choose network browser, this will now scan your network and then provide you with a list, choose the box you want to access and it should now give you some options, choose the one that says media/hdd.
    You will then be asked do you want to enter a username and password, for simplicity's sake choose no.
    Leave the settings at default and save the mount.
    Exit to tv screen and press the pvr button, this will take you to your recordings, press the yellow button to choose another location. Your other box should now be in the list, choose it and highlight the movie folder, press menu and add a bookmark to it, now you can quickly access the movie folder of the other box by pressing the yellow button in pvr.
    Note all this is from my faltering memory, lol.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

Bazzer (18-11-15),roybach (18-11-15),tim132 (18-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Brilliant!!! I'll be back here to read up once I'm in my new house and get another box set up!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    First of all make sure each boxes hard drive is correctly mounted in each box and dchp is turned off, then install nfs package on both boxes, this is located in setup/system/network.
    The box will restart, the re navigate to network settings and choose mount set up, in choose network browser, this will now scan your network and then provide you with a list, choose the box you want to access and it should now give you some options, choose the one that says media/hdd.
    You will then be asked do you want to enter a username and password, for simplicity's sake choose no.
    Leave the settings at default and save the mount.
    Exit to tv screen and press the pvr button, this will take you to your recordings, press the yellow button to choose another location. Your other box should now be in the list, choose it and highlight the movie folder, press menu and add a bookmark to it, now you can quickly access the movie folder of the other box by pressing the yellow button in pvr.
    Note all this is from my faltering memory, lol.
    I get as far as network browser . Then I scan and it shows the main box. But at this point when I press again to "expand " it . It just won't expand to show the hdd on main box.
    Go downstairs to main box and try it on that box and it does expand the box upstairs..
    Both running vix .
    Very strange . ... Thoughts ??
    Thanks in advance .
    Btw great info for above ;-)

Title
    Thanks
    Got it . Nfs had not enabled on moan box ;-)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Noste500 For This Useful Post:

tim132 (19-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Good job!!