Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Upgrade failed - help please

Title
    Thanks

Upgrade failed - help please

I just got my old GB Quad receiver out of storage to potentially sell on. I connected it up, turned on and all worked well with whatever image it had on it. I watched ten mins of breakfast TV on BBC1 whilst I found a flash drive and downloaded OpenVix 3.2.21 for the gigagblue quad

I powered off the box, popped the USB drive in and powered on. The LCD was just static so I hit "ok" and the tiny LED flashed Purple/Red for a while. Eventually it stopped and stayed red but nothing else happened. I gave it a few minutes then restarted manually.

The splash screen now is a very neat looking grey/red picture with Gigablue written across the middle but nothing happens after that.

I've gone through the flash process three times and always the same result.

HELP!

Title
    Thanks
    Bootloader is 20130507

I have now flashed bootloader 20141008.

Still no joy and now I can't get the flash process to start at all!
    Last edited by Darrellr; 05-11-15 at 11:26.

Title
    Thanks
    Removed burn.bat from the root (part of bootloader flash process) and now re-flashing is possible. I even get a message on the screen telling me it is flashing which is an improvement.

Works now! Thank goodness

Title
    Thanks
    Did you get it to work? I just had a fight with my guad..turned out that was not possible to put the USB flashdrive in the front slot. Had to put it in the rear USB slots below the Ethernet...until then total fail like yours..only the splash screen.