Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time set up for Quad HD plus

Title
    Thanks

First time set up for Quad HD plus

Hello All.

I am currently anxiously awaiting the delivery of my Gigablue quad HD plus in the next couple of hours after cancelling sky and as a complete newbie to all this I ask if you can give me advice on the best hassle free way to set this up from scratch.

I found this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-up-guide.html on here but what if any differences would I have to make for a GB as it is a Vu guide link? I do appreciate anything I install would have to be GB version but after that my knowledge is limited, I am very lost trying to find answers on the countless posts here with the huge amount of info and need simple basic set up help.
    Sorry for my tech ignorance but I don't want to be on here looking for answers after doing something really stupid when setting this up in a few hours.

From the hours spent over the last two days on here which has been both enlightening and totally confusing in equal measures for me and I feel so much out of my depth, I assume that openvix is the best install to start with and I like the blue hd skin but after that what would people suggest?

All idiot proof advice would be appreciated.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    One step at a time is my advice. Connect it up - switch it on - follow the wizard - Have a play (you won't die......probably) Come back for advice on the bits that confuse you.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Willmoore For This Useful Post:

PFinn (04-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    apart from the flashing of image, everything on the guide will be the same.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

PFinn (04-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    apart from the flashing of image, everything on the guide will be the same.
    Thanks for replies I think like most things that the apprehension while awaiting delivery is filling me more with dread as to making a mistake rather than excitement.

As it stands I intend to install openvix latest version from here on a usb and to then use blue hd skin, can then I do this from the box menu or advisable to load onto USB would this be the best way to start?
    I will only be using existing sat cables from sky dish for TV and want most stable system to view and be able to record series links similar to skybox as I am on shift work so this is one of my priorities along with the obvious reliable TV use. I am living in Ireland if that even makes a difference?

I feel like a first time swimmer after jumping into the deep end and I am getting a scrambled brain trying to catch up with half the terms ipv, cccam, softcam I am not even sure which is which?

Title
    Thanks
    Dont worry as with everything its always daunting the first time around, you'll soon get the hang of it
    I have the GB quad and it's a really good box
    Once you have installed/flashed the latest vix (make sure you use the quad + and not the quad image) The setup menu appears to configure internet connection /tuner set up etc, once this has been done to download the blue hd skin go to Menu, Plugins wait for it to load then go to skins and install from there..This downloads the skin to your box then press menu , setup,system,user interface, skin set up and choose your bluehd skin from there, it will ask you to reboot , click yes and you should have it..Good luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to richardinspain For This Useful Post:

PFinn (04-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks to all, I got most of it working after a couple of error messages and a restart it seems to be working ok, I was attempting to add a cline and following a thread on here I added FileZilla but I am unable to connect to box even though I have located the box ip address and entered as host but it just will not connect, is there any way I can add the file as I have copied it to usb?

Title
    Thanks
    Are you using'Root' for the username and password?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No talk of lines allowed - read the rules.
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Willmoore For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (04-11-15)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Re read the rules, we do not do cline talk or support here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies I am a bit scrambled with all the stuff I have been googleing trying to find solutions to why I cannot connect to filezilla, I obtained ip in network information used ROOT as username

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you left p/w blank ?
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Willmoore For This Useful Post:

PFinn (05-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Yes,

I have box connected directly to modem would this affect it? Should I be using modem ip instead? May just go to bed and have a go again tomorrow.

Title
    Thanks
    Good morning,

I have just turned on my box and I have a error displayed - Cannot read CA carts for HTTPS access HTTPS access is disabled.

Any ideas? is this why I cannot connect FileZilla?

Title
    Thanks
    I am also repeatedly getting a repetative error message appearing on screen which is too long to post regarding -Softcam check- final part = packages/twisted/Python/contentpy:81:callWithContent/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Vix/SoftcamManager:725:Jobstart
    ]

Any clues I am under pressure here.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would start a new thread re your specific problem - you will get a better response.
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Willmoore For This Useful Post:

PFinn (05-11-15)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast