Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tm Nano-se wont update to new images

Title
    Thanks

Tm Nano-se wont update to new images

I have vix 3.2 build 19 on the tm-nano se but I cannot get rid of the image to try a new one. I've tried two different usb sticks 2gb and 32gb I've tried both the new open atv image and an older 4d image but the vix images just bypasses the update screen and boots straight to vix. I've factory reset the image and done a ota update on the image in the hope of getting the new images to be seen. The usb sticks when I plug them into the usb slot the message comes on the screen that there is no playable images on the stick so its seeing the stick. Does anyone know of any telnet commands I can use to update the images.?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Are you pressing the button to flash on booting with the USB stick attached?
    You can also use the ViX inbuilt image manager to flash another teams image.
    Just copy the image you want to flash to /media/hdd/imagebackups/ (or however you have it mounted) &use the image manager restore function to flash it.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi judge the option to push to power button is not there, its showing the technomate offical splash screen but bypassing the upgrade software screen and booting straight to vix, Its like is not seeing the sticks but i know when I put the sticks into the machine before turning off that its seeing them. To use the method above do you have to have a back up image of say open atv or can you use a new image.
    Last edited by kegnkiwi; 31-10-15 at 20:06.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Even if you don't see the message, try pressing the button as the box boots.

Yes, you can use any image in image manager, doesn't have to be a back-up image.

Title
    Thanks
    Tried the option of pressing the button even when the option to upgrade the firmware was not there and still no good. I think the issues is with the mounts, using this image i have had the a 128gb reconised but it kept going a miss, then the mount was show as sda1, but now its missing completly. I have tried to remount in the system but having no joy at the moment. I think I will have to search out the telnet comand to mount the hdd.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    How many USB stick do you have connected?

What image are you on at the moment?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Abu

Image and build are in post one, I only ever have one usb connected at any time. Usually a 128bg as hdd then when I want to flash a new image i unplug the 128gb and plug in maybe a 2gb with the update on, turn the box off then on and it usually asks it i want to update. Not this time though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kegnkiwi For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (31-10-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi m8 i find some boxes are a nuisance with usb sticks good quality kingston ,cruzer,integral 8gb all work for me and you did follow the tuts ?
    " Preparation
    1.Format a USB stick to FAT32
    2.Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
    3.Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-Apollo.137-
    tmnanose_usb.zip, you will see another folder named update, this is your image file.
    4.Copy the entire update folder directly to the USB stick.
    Make sure that your receiver is connected to your TV. The TM-Nano-SE does not have a front
    display. The prompt to start the flashing process is shown on the TV screen. "

from the setting up on this box.

Title
    Thanks
    Did you try what @Judge said about using Image Manager to flash a new image?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kegnkiwi View Post
    Tried the option of pressing the button even when the option to upgrade the firmware was not there and still no good. I think the issues is with the mounts, using this image i have had the a 128gb reconised but it kept going a miss, then the mount was show as sda1, but now its missing completly. I have tried to remount in the system but having no joy at the moment. I think I will have to search out the telnet comand to mount the hdd.
    If you've plugged out your other USB, it won't be a problem with the mounts.
    II had the exact same on a TM Nano 2 Super a few days ago, no onscreen prompt to press the OK button to flash.
    I just rebooted while pressing the OK button, the flashing process then kicked in.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

cactikid (31-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    cacctkid followed the tuts and flashed so many box i'm sure i'm doing it correctly.

Abu, I cannot use image manager at the moment as the usb is now not being reconised and thats why I need to find the telnet command to mount the usb. It wont mount it in the vix image. I may install tspanel tomorrow as there is an option to mount in there.

Title
    Thanks
    What file system is it in?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kegnkiwi View Post
    I may install tspanel tomorrow as there is an option to mount in there.
    Don't.
    You'll only make the issue worse.
    As the image is still booting & recognising a USB stick when booted, use Image Manager to flash an image from there.

Title
    Thanks
    If it is fat32, try going into the mount manager and mounting from there.

Blue > Vix > Mount Manager

Title
    Thanks
    Ok still going around and around this morning, alternative usb stick installed as hdd, I have been playing with vix image manager and i can switch between various versions of vix which can be downloaded and the box writes via the ofgwriter. I have dropped the latest openatv image into the same directory unzipped but when you select it the timer just counts down from 60 to 0 and does not initiate the writer. I suspect the writer was written for swapping between vix images not others. I also kept playing with and flashing new images and at one stage I got the found new update splash screen but when I pressed the power button it did not flash the image held for a long time then went back to vix. I suspect someting in the images is not correct. Anyone know any telnet commmand to force and new image?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast