Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: confused with picons (latest image)

Title
    Thanks

confused with picons (latest image)

hi guys, I just did a fresh install to latest image (xtrend 9200)

LOVING the BLUE HD (Sly style skin) - GREAT WORK!!!

My problem is i cannot fathom out PICONS - normally i goto plugins, picons choose the relevant sats picons, choose FLASH (not HDD or USB) and the picons appear.

interestingly i noticed that the 28.2 PICONS are MISSING from the plugins \ picons \ section but all other sats show - i thought i could solve this by choosing remove plugin, but nothing shows for PICONS.

tried installing 19e PICONS as at least they showed up to download, but not showing when choosing flash - i then tried HDD but that didnt help either.

perplexed! - this is a fresh install.
    openvix-3.2.016.release-et9x00_usb

not that bothered, but slightly annoying.

also, just noticed all recordings show bunched up, and u cannot read the recording titles etc...weird - must be the skin - gonna try normal night hd -
    edit: it is the skin, recordings show fine in night hd skin

thanks guys!
    Last edited by manikm; 27-10-15 at 22:56.

Title
    Thanks
    I think the school of thought is that you are best storing picons on a USB, if not available, the next best thing is the HDD. Deffo not flash as it will easily corrupt the image (as far as I am lead to believe).

Craete a folder on the USB called picon then download them and transfer them into that. YOu can download them from the site.

I personally like the MK 400 x 240 SNP picons for 28 east - give them a try and download them from here.http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...40-snp-picons/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flyingpig For This Useful Post:

manikm (27-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig View Post
    I think the school of thought is that you are best storing picons on a USB, if not available, the next best thing is the HDD. Deffo not flash as it will easily corrupt the image (as far as I am lead to believe).

Craete a folder on the USB called picon then download them and transfer them into that. YOu can download them from the site.

I personally like the MK 400 x 240 SNP picons for 28 east - give them a try and download them from here.http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...40-snp-picons/
    thanks for the help mate, ive been doing this years, so find it odd that im faced with this.

i'll try the usb tip, but a waste of a stick in my opinion

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    There are no 28 East picons available to download from the plugins - they can be downloaded from openvix.co.uk as stated previously. Picons do not corrupt the flash memory at all and its perfectly fine to put them there as long as you have enough space. The HDD is not recommended at all due to spin-up times.

Just download a picon set and transfer to a picon folder in the flash memory - you will probably need to create the folder first.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    interestingly i get the same with issue with recordings on my VU duo and blue HD skin - i dont get the picon issue with VU - i think i understand why the 28e picons are not available to download, they are probably included within the image. (on the basis that picons are working on vu duo without me having to download any)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Picons are not included with any image
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Re the recordings display issue, i sorted it, the umber of rows needs to be reduced from 20 to 10

sorted the picons too on vu duo - my picons folder was on HDD, so deleted all of em, and downloaded latest as per link above, and copied them in. nice work picon creators!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to manikm For This Useful Post:

Flyingpig (28-10-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    happy days. yes the large format picons are excellent

Title
    Thanks
    Hi All
    Pretty new to this and found out last night that there didn't seem to be any picons to download so found this thread which clarifies things.
    The 400x240 set (not including the adult ones) is 161MB which seems relatively large to put on the flash - or is it?? (I am in the UK and have a Gigablue HD Quad Plus with 2 x DVS on Astra 2 and 1 x DVT )
    I was thinking of putting them on a USB stick but the manual says FAT32 is no good for that .. so what format does it need to be and what is the best way of getting them onto it?
    So flash or USB and how?
    Thanks All .. learning lots quickly here