Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anything more advanced than RemoteChannelStreamConverter?

Title
    Thanks
    I've read through this topic and any others I can find on fallback server, but am still unable to get fallback server working.

I have a Mut@ant 2400 with 2 cable tuners and 2 sat tuners as the primary box. I have a VU+ Solo2 with 2 sat tuners that I'm trying to use as a client.

They both work fine independently and I use ABM to create bouquets on each. To use the fallback server, I modify the VU+ settings to enable fallback server, specify the IP address of the mutant and leave the as the default at 8001. If I unplug the sat feeds on the VU, how do I make it use the Mut@nt tuners as fallbacks? If I choose a channel from the existing VU bouquets, It just says tuner fail and nbothing happens

People say it 'just works', but I must be missing something. Do I just use the existing bouquets on the VU, do I copy something over from the mut@nt? Is there something else I have to do?

Its driving me nuts as I'm sure it must be simple and that I'm missing something obvious, but I just cant figure out what it is.

Any help appreciated!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Just set the tuners as not configured and it will use the fallback tuner ... I always make sure all bouquets are the same on my receivers
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    What Twol said - it works for me but I have tuners as not configured, if they're configured it'll be looking for them and then failing to tune in anything.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wibbol View Post
    I have a Mut@ant 2400 with 2 cable tuners and 2 sat tuners as the primary box. I have a VU+ Solo2 with 2 sat tuners that I'm trying to use as a client.
    Please explain why you want to use fallback.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Disabling the tuners fixed it for me thanks. I knew it must be something simple!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123