Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anything more advanced than RemoteChannelStreamConverter?

Title
    Thanks

Anything more advanced than RemoteChannelStreamConverter?

Ive got my VU+ Zero setup with it, the problem is its lacking in any settings. I don't like the way it adds the IP address to the end of the bouquets for example, its messy. I know I can then go in and individually update these, the problem then is what about managing the changing frequencies the way ABM does? Can I use the imported channels with ABM? Im going to assume not - which means Id need to continually run RemoteChannelStreamConverter and delete the IP address at the end everytime it updates the channels...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    You can use any setting-editor to copy the settings of your server box to the client box.
    On the client box you can use RCSC (as you do now, doubling the bouquet entries) or the 'fall-back tuner' functionality.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

realdannys (25-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Ah yes the failback tuner sounds like a good idea. So if I setup ABM on my client box with the same favourites file I use on my server box but setup the fallback server it should seek to that box for each channel? That way I can keep the channels updated with ABM along with the names?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Not sure if ABM will run on FB-tuner.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Not sure if ABM will run on FB-tuner.
    Damn, so if I want to keep the 2nd box up to date im going to have to manually sync bouquets over? Sounds like a job for a plugin really!

*Edit: Overkill I suppose but I could use my home server to sync the bouquets from the server box to the client box each night and providing fallback mode works reliably the second box would be automatically updated with the ABM
    Last edited by realdannys; 25-10-15 at 21:31.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realdannys View Post
    I don't like the way it adds the IP address to the end of the bouquets for example, its messy.
    It is useful info, and if you don't like the look of it why not use the box name. The reason for displaying the server boxname/IP is because the current version of RCSC can connect to multiple server boxes.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    It is useful info, and if you don't like the look of it why not use the box name. The reason for displaying the server boxname/IP is because the current version of RCSC can connect to multiple server boxes.
    There should be at least an option to exclude it. It confuses me why some plugins are customisation options that almost go beyond the scope of the human minds ability to comprehend and others seem like half finished ideas. Its not remotely useful information for me as I only have one server box and I want aesthetically pleasing bouquets on my other box to look identical to the server box. The user does not need to know where those channels are coming from at all.

Any how it seems my option above to sync the boxes via my home server is a better option and use fallback, at least then it'll be syncing the ABM updates too which means the channels will almost be up to date on both boxes and they'll all look like native channels.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    There should be at least an option to exclude it. It confuses me
    So you are already confused and you want even more options?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    So you are already confused and you want even more options?
    Great way to misquote someone

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    How would you distinguish between bouquets on the client as well as server receiver if they both have the same name?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    How would you distinguish between bouquets on the client as well as server receiver if they both have the same name?
    Its a slave client, it has no channels of its own. If i was using the tuner I wouldn't need to stream. But even if i was using the tuner and i wanted to access extra tuners from the server box i still wouldn't be want them to be split up, as an end user i don't care where the channel comes from as long as it plays, the last thing id want is multiple bouquets with the same channels for different boxes, urgh what an ugly user experience! I want this to be handled invisibly in the background (like it is with the fallback receiver option)

The next thing would be to hide the ugly file path location in the recordings menu, again a messy distraction, i can change font sizes, line heights, images but that unnecessary folder path remains in the header!
    Last edited by realdannys; 26-10-15 at 17:37.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    With RCSC, it is pot luck if teh stream will play. You won't get any error messages if the server receiver cannot share a service. You don't get any indiciation as to what is/isnt available.

We look forward to your beautiflul implementation.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    With RCSC, it is pot luck if teh stream will play. You won't get any error messages if the server receiver cannot share a service. You don't get any indiciation as to what is/isnt available.

We look forward to your beautiflul implementation.
    Did you mean with the fallback its pot luck if the stream will play? Surely if its pot luck with RCSC then thats another flaw of the plugin?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Its a slave client, it has no channels of its own. If i was using the tuner I wouldn't need to stream. But even if i was using the tuner and i wanted to access extra tuners from the server box i still wouldn't be want them to be split up, as an end user i don't care where the channel comes from as long as it plays, the last thing id want is multiple bouquets with the same channels for different boxes, urgh what an ugly user experience! I want this to be handled invisibly in the background (like it is with the fallback receiver option)
    Well there is your answer: use the fall back tuner, not the RCSC plugin.
    And when you didn't switch tune messages off, you'll see 'tune failed' if the server can't comply with your request.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Did you mean with the fallback its pot luck if the stream will play? Surely if its pot luck with RCSC then thats another flaw of the plugin?
    How would that be a flaw? There is no way to know if a remote tuner is available, and if it is, if the remote box is able to descramble the service.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast