Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New ET8000

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

New ET8000

Just ordered a ET8000 following recommendations on WOS site. I have had a duo for a year and love it. Also think the Vix image is great. Couple of questions for any veteran et8k users.

I am yet to order a hard drive. I was going to get a reconditioned 1TB to save cost. Is 3.5" or 2.5" better? Which speed etc is best. The 3.5 I have in the duo is quite noisy so I was hoping someone could advise me on the next one.

I have ordered an extra Terrestrial tuner on top of 2xS to add more recording options as most of our recording is from FTA. Do I just set the t-tuner as preference? Anyone else use this setup?

Title
    Thanks
    I am newish to sat boxes and got a Vu+ Duo2. I was advised on 2.5inch drive as it uses 5V instead of 12V, and low speed is fine and quieter so went for 5400RPM. Got Samsung Spinrite 2Tb for about £60 new and I can't hear it at all

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lxt1024 For This Useful Post:

sticky7 (24-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    I use twin S2 and twin T2 and record fine. Just set timers and autotimers for the channel of the source you want to use. You can set alternative if tuners in use and prioritise tuner types but I like to keep my S2 tuners available for live viewing and remote streaming

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

New ET8000

Thanks for reply. Does the 2.5" fit straight in to a et8000 or do you need a mount bracket?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Code:
    http://www.xtrend-alliance.com/index.php?/topic/317-first-et8000-pictures/
    The holes are for both 2.5 and 3.5 drives. There is no need for a separate caddy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

sticky7 (24-10-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Does the T2 tuner loop through boost the signal for supply to other rooms?

Does anyone recommend a modulator for these boxes?