Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Background Check

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roybach View Post
    I hold my hands up Sicilian ,I did indeed install Mgcamd 1.35a as I was curious to know if indeed it was possibly the cause of all the grief rather than wait 24 hours, I did re-flash immediately after without any add-ons and it has been stable since doing so , if it proves to be the case that the Softcam is the root of the problem it begs the question of "why" ?. I can FTP right now but can't seem to do anything with plugins - download or remove any. And yes I am on 3.2.07 as shown in picture. Thanks for your patience.Attachment 45380
    Please report back after 24 hours using as free to air with no extra's installed.

Also please post your mg_cfg file.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    mg_cfg.txt mg_cfg file as requested,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Crashed again ,this time without any Softcam installed .
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,958 Times in 3,277 Posts
    No one in the ViX team can replicate this crash.

Please describe how you did your install. Did you restore a backup when you installed the image. If so please post the backup.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Once setup, please disable this:

Blue Button > ViX > Softcam Manager > Press Menu whilst in the softcam manager screen and disable softcam frozen check, set to no.

Let us know the outcome.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I re flashed as suggested by Sicilian using a USB Flash drive , proceeded through the basic setup configuration manually , used Autobouquet maker to scan 28.2e only inserted a USB flash drive and mounted it and configured Logs to be dumped to it. Selected Sky UK as epg provider and the epg file again to be stored on the flash drive . disabled any automatic software updates and that was about it. Watched the rugby ,had tea ,watched a film and Crash.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Old thread, I know, but there may be a clue...

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-cam-check-log

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Disabled softcam frozen check, but should mention that no Softcam is installed and wasn't at the time of last crash at 20.10

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Update. Box was stable after the last mentioned crash but only as an FTA box ,left it on overnight and was surprised to find it still running in the morning , Loaded softcam mgcmd 135a and using mg_cfg and newcamd.list from a known working box and it worked for two hours before crashing, following the crash I was unable to download any plugins or FTP to the box and the Autostart in the Network menu would not respond to selection via the remote.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,958 Times in 3,277 Posts
    Logs please.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just re flashed 3.2.007 and set up basics, ran autobouquetsmaker all good , installed Plugin Autobouquet (28e) and ran successfully . now Plugins and FTP not working. Not sure if the attached logs relate to this .
    I would be agreeable to loan this box to a member of the Vix team for analysis if they think they may achieve something from it.enigma2_crash_1445941682.logenigma2_crash_1445946294.log

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Just re flashed 3.2.007 and set up basics, ran autobouquetsmaker all good , installed Plugin Autobouquet (28e) and ran successfully . now Plugins and FTP not working. Not sure if the attached logs relate to this .
    I would be agreeable to loan this box to a member of the Vix team for analysis if they think they may achieve something from it.enigma2_crash_1445941682.logenigma2_crash_1445946294.log
    You've posted crashlogs from two different images.

I tested an LX2 yesterday all day and night using build 016, no issues at all.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Have you already flashed using image manager?
    If not use image manager to download an image and flash that again.
    Vu+ Duo2, OpenVix, 3xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-s2 , 1xdvb-c (Sundtek)
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    ET6500. OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Motor 1m dish

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Just re flashed 3.2.007 and set up basics, ran autobouquetsmaker all good , installed Plugin Autobouquet (28e) and ran successfully .
    Hi Roy.
    Can i ask the reason why you have installed Plugin Autobouqet 28e ..??
    You have no need for that if your using Vix inbuilt autobouquetmaker..
    Or am i missing something.. ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    1 Sicilian : I tried 016 re flash hoping for a result. Maybe my box is the problem.
    2 Peter J: I'm not familiar with Image Manager , more details would be appreciated.
    3 Mr Mister: I find that it groups the channels more to my liking. Why it prevents access to Plugins after installing as well as stopping FTP working
    Thanks all

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast