Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: XTrend ET8000 Missing some transponders

Title
    Thanks

XTrend ET8000 Missing some transponders

Finally took the plunge and bought a Linux receiver. Eventually it'll have 2 inputs but for the moment T1 is looped through to T2. Freesat on 28E seems to have set up OK but I'm having problems with Astra1..... I'm missing some H transponders that carry some German FTA channels - specifically 12266H.

I've gone into signal finder and 11992H is OK as is 12304H but no H transponders in between.

I put my old Dr HD back on and that works fine. I suppose it could be H/V switching threshold so I should swap LNBs (it's a few year's old quad through a disecq) to rule everything out, but does anyone have any other suggestion?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 Times in 2,252 Posts
    So whats the actual configuration out to the dish(es) or lnb,s?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Single cable to Diseqc. Port 1 to S-Y dish for 28E. port 2 to 80cm dish for 19.2E. Receiver to switch 6m, switch to dish <10m

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    what have you configured the tuner with no connection to LNB as?

Title
    Thanks
    Loop through to tuner A

Title
    Thanks
    Forgetting about the 2nd tuner firvthe moment, what happens when you do a manual scan on 19.2E. ... Either full scan or single transponder .... Do you see 28.2e channels in the scan where you have the same transponder?
    I have had issues in the past where a switch was not working properly and not always switching to 19.2 for some transponders.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks; I tried that... I got the channels I wanted on 12188H, nothing on 12226H and channels on 12266H. repeated 2 minutes later and got nothing on any of them, then, a minute later 12188H is OK again. Time to try a different switch, perhaps?

Title
    Thanks
    But... no problems with these TPs with the old DR HD box. The cabling, switch and LNB are unchanged.

Title
    Thanks
    Well I introduce a 4th receiver into my setup last year (no change to dish, lnb etc) and it just wouldn,t work as it should for 19.2. Put in an old multiswitch ... that worked. Bought my current Emp switch .. that also worked.
    My very expensive German switch just would not .... Was picking up a mixture 19.2 & 28.2 ... When it should have ben all 19.2...... Never did solve it .. Just accepted it was a bad buy!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    OK! I replaced the switch twice and finally swapped it for a barrel connector, all with the same results. Finally swapped the LNB, reterminating the ends in the process and that seems to have sorted it, even with the original switch. Good to get to the bottom of it - today, as forecast is for rain tomorrow

Thanks for the advice