Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VU+ Solo 2 - VIX image Hades / VIX 3.2 - Crashing

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davitat View Post
    Bad news...
    I've changed Logs Location to hdd and also activated 'debug mode'.

I had 2 crashes with v.3.2.013 but every time the '/media/hdd/logs' was empty!
    First time I thought that perhaps for some reason, software have had no time to write log data before the program hanged, but it'worse... At the second crash I had some debug log files into '/media/hdd/logs' before the crash and they where wiped after the crash. Blank directory, nothing.

Crazy.
    If not because the creator of this thread reported exactly the same issue, I'll would think that this is an hardware random problem.
    Any idea?
    If /media/hdd/logs/ is mounted properly & crash logs are saved there properly, there is nothing in E2 that will delete them.
    Maybe a flakey plugin or a virus on your network?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Maybe it's easier to use an USB-stick for the logs. That can easily be disconnected from the box and connected to a PC to retrieve any debug & crash logs.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Davitat (18-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    If /media/hdd/logs/ is mounted properly & crash logs are saved there properly, there is nothing in E2 that will delete them.
    Maybe a flakey plugin or a virus on your network?
    I also thought of a virus. My network is a small home network with 1 desktop, 1 laptop with W10 and 1 Android smartphone but also 2 ip cams and one NVR (Network Video Recorder for the cams) on witch, you make me think of, I updated the firmware (based Linux box) this lasts weeks from a non very trusted source...
    So I'll disconnect everything but the Vu+ and my desktop and see what happens.

BTW I could get a log in a recent crash because ftp this time was not down after the crash. I'll send you a cut version of the log file because the actual complete file was growing under my eyes (reached 80MB+) when I power off the box. The rest of the file was an endless repetition of the last blocks that you can see at the end of the one I send you.

The log reproduces the error message I got on the screen when setting the [TranscodingSettup]!? But I know very little on linux and I hope you can found some useful information in this file.

But how can I send the file? Attachments are disabled because I'm a new user with very few posts.
    Vu+ Solo2

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Maybe it's easier to use an USB-stick for the logs. That can easily be disconnected from the box and connected to a PC to retrieve any debug & crash logs.
    Good idea man, I'll do it.
    For now it seems I could finally get some logs on my hdd (see please my post #33 replying to judge) and I'll gone to disconnect it on my box an read it in my pc.
    Vu+ Solo2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Davitat View Post
    I also thought of a virus. My network is a small home network with 1 desktop, 1 laptop with W10 and 1 Android smartphone but also 2 ip cams and one NVR (Network Video Recorder for the cams) on witch, you make me think of, I updated the firmware (based Linux box) this lasts weeks from a non very trusted source...
    So I'll disconnect everything but the Vu+ and my desktop and see what happens.

BTW I could get a log in a recent crash because ftp this time was not down after the crash. I'll send you a cut version of the log file because the actual complete file was growing under my eyes (reached 80MB+) when I power off the box. The rest of the file was an endless repetition of the last blocks that you can see at the end of the one I send you.

The log reproduces the error message I got on the screen when setting the [TranscodingSettup]!? But I know very little on linux and I hope you can found some useful information in this file.

But how can I send the file? Attachments are disabled because I'm a new user with very few posts.
    Davitat , I have exactly the same problem as yourself , I have flashed at least four different Vix images and am currently back to Apollo 011 , but still getting the same crashes , as you speculate that the problem is resident in the STB flash memory. Don't sweat over sending log files as I have sent numerous crash logs (saved to USB ) to Vix support without receiving any response to date, I expect they are busy trying to resolve the problem, I see that they have updated to 013 for some STB's but not all, so check if your VU+ has one. My STB is a GI Xpeed LX2 so looks like Vix Image is the common denominator here. Sorry I can't suggest anything .

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roybach View Post
    Davitat , I have exactly the same problem as yourself , I have flashed at least four different Vix images and am currently back to Apollo 011 , but still getting the same crashes , as you speculate that the problem is resident in the STB flash memory. Don't sweat over sending log files as I have sent numerous crash logs (saved to USB ) to Vix support without receiving any response to date, I expect they are busy trying to resolve the problem, I see that they have updated to 013 for some STB's but not all, so check if your VU+ has one. My STB is a GI Xpeed LX2 so looks like Vix Image is the common denominator here. Sorry I can't suggest anything .
    Hi roybach,
    Yes I read your post previously in this thread. It's a very strange issue because it seems to 'brake' something and then even earlier versions crash.
    Second strange thing is its seems random, not tied to any user action, nor configuration... frankly it seems an hardware thermal issue.

I can confirm that it is NOT a virus in my network as I have disconnected everything but the STB and my desktop (W10), disconnected hdd in the STB and made a clean 3.2.013 install and log with a fresh formatted USB stick, and it just crashed a few minutes ago after running around 2 hours.

Do you think they are working on that? I'm not so sure because it seems (another mystery) that we are very few with this problem. I'm also not sure that the problems with build 010 were tied to this.
    Vu+ Solo2

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Please wait until 014 is out. Flash without restores.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Please wait until 014 is out. Flash without restores.
    Ok, Abu, thanks... So can I speculate that this problem is what you are trying to solve with this 'post 010' builds?
    As I write in some previous post, I'm pretty sure to have had this crashes before build 010, not the firsts 3.2 but somewhere in the middle.
    Vu+ Solo2

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I'm unable to replicate any of this on my Vu+ Solo2 running on the latest ViX 3.2 Build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I'm unable to replicate any of this on my Vu+ Solo2 running on the latest ViX 3.2 Build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, that's one more reason why it's so strange and makes me think on a virus or an hardware problem but on the other hand, it's also very surprising to have the exact same error and behaviour in different hardwares...
    Vu+ Solo2

Title
    Thanks
    Well, I've just fresh installed build 014 on my Vu+ Solo2 but there is no plugins feed for now so I can't test my reference config (cccam221 + openVPN + Samba).

BTW, I had build 013 running until now (around 12 hours) without a crash but with a partial config: cccam221, but NOT openVPN, NOR Samba).
    Vu+ Solo2

Title
    Thanks
    Bad news again.

I've made a fresh install of the last version (3.2.015) and it crashed after running around 1 hour.
    The setup was:
    - fresh 3.2.015
    - openVPN
    - cccam221
    - dvb-usb-it913x with usb dvb-t 'Avermedia AVerTV Volar Green HD' connected.

No hdd, mounted usb memory where I could get this attached log files (debug mode activated).
    Enigma2-21-10-2015_16-58-17.log
    enigma2_crash_1445439477.log
    Vu+ Solo2

Title
    Thanks
    Hi i am getting exactly the same errors it has been going on for me around 1 1/2 weeks roughly.

Box : Vu+ Duo
    Used different versions with fresh flash
    The only plugins i have installed are softcams 2.3

Once the box crashes i cannot login Via FTP. Nor can i get the softcams working either i have to re load a new image to get it back on or do a fresh flash and install everything.

I believe it could be a problem with the softcams. (not 100% sure as i am new to this entirely)

I have just loaded a fresh flash of 3.2.09 and turned all the updates off etc. and have just loaded the freview for now see if it crashes if it doesnt crash then i would presume its a problem with the softcams ?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Dale,
    I'm pretty sure to have had crashes without any cam also.
    Anyway, I'm gone a test with this last version (build 015) reducing my config until it don't crash.
    Do you have some other tuner attached to the box?
    Vu+ Solo2

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Davitat For This Useful Post:

Dale-Carrick (21-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Im totally new to this so if i give the wrong answer i appologise. What do you mean by some other tuner attached to the box?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast