Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: VU+ Solo 2 - VIX image Hades / VIX 3.2 - Crashing

Title
    Thanks
    I have been doing some testing for the last week now with my Vu duo box. I had the box all setup with freeview channels 28.2e all fine for 5 days without the Ethernet cable connected into the back. As soon as i plugged in the Ethernet cable the box crashed within an hour this confirms for me its either a problem with my internet or the box had problems connecting the internet. Im just very unsure on what to do now...

As i have a question, i had my box setup fine for 1 1/2 years with router etc and all of a sudden now it wont work does anybody have any ideas why it would work fine for so long then just wont work ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Have you set up the swap file yet? What softcam are you using? What is accessing the network? Have you tried a different router and changed network cables. There are lots of things you can try. When you say that you have 2 of these boxes doing the same thing are they both on the same network? It must be something that you are doing or something on your network as there are thousands of these boxes out there and there is no flood of complaints.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    I have two box's one mine and one my dads. Two different addresses about 2 miles apart. im using cccam 2.3. All i have on the network at mine is my pc,PlayStation,Vu duo and a couple of mobiles connected via wifi.

i haven't done a swap file yet as i have no idea about it, i don't have a different router to try. it worked fine for a year and half then sudden issues.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Then start with the things you can do - search the forum regarding a swap file - the duo really needs it and you are not helping yourself by avoiding the issue. Physically disconnect all other devices and turn off the wifi on the mobiles and power cycle the router too. swap the ethernet cable with one of the others that you have.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    I found this thread from google
    I have exactly same issue with my VU + Uno after installing VTI 9.0.1 few days ago... And I try everything with no luck...

By the way, my Uno I bought on World-of-satellite.co.uk 4 years ago and I think is genuine

I have two routers. One is Cisco and second one is TP link with DD WRT. And forwarded ports. After read of this thread, I remove forwarded ports and now try install fresh image.

P.s. Sorry for my English.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,
    I have just been reading your posts, as I have the same problem with a Vu+ Duo2. I have tried Vix, Hades and Black Hole all with the same result. Crashes, and after the crash im unable too FTP. I was hoping when I got to the last page of this thread, that the problem would have been solved. Sadly not. Is anyone still following this thread?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColBladeGB View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have just been reading your posts, as I have the same problem with a Vu+ Duo2. I have tried Vix, Hades and Black Hole all with the same result. Crashes, and after the crash im unable too FTP. I was hoping when I got to the last page of this thread, that the problem would have been solved. Sadly not. Is anyone still following this thread?
    Hades is a very old image. Try flashing with latest ViX 3.2-037. Found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...ages/vu-duo-2/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply,

Yes I have tried the latest version of VIX, but with the same crash as before. No backups were used, I even tried using a switch in between the router and the VU+ as was suggested. Sadly no joy. I have opened my own thread about this problem, to try and generate some more help.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Thanks for your reply,

Yes I have tried the latest version of VIX, but with the same crash as before. No backups were used, I even tried using a switch in between the router and the VU+ as was suggested. Sadly no joy. I have opened my own thread about this problem, to try and generate some more help.
    Can you reflash again with the latest image and disconnect the ethernet cable from the router? I have Vu+ receivers and don't have this issue and never had this issue, its most likely an issue in your setup or the router. What router is it and do you have any ports open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    I will try anything at the minute, as its just a big paper weight at the minute.

I will report back, when I have tried it.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 Times in 2,252 Posts
    I will try anything at the minute, as its just a big paper weight at the minute.

I will report back, when I have tried it.
    Maybe I have missed them, but you mention crashes but haven,t seen any logs?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I am closing this thread now. Please start your own thread as per link below, people will assist. Do not use the word "latest", it means nothing. Use the actual name/number Attach your crashlogs to your thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112