Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: VU+ Solo 2 - VIX image Hades / VIX 3.2 - Crashing

Title
    Thanks

Exclamation VU+ Solo 2 - VIX image Hades / VIX 3.2 - Crashing

Hi All,

I need someone to help me on this. I have a VU+ Solo 2 - ( NOT A CLONE )

In the past I have managed to flash / update images without a problem. I have been using VIX images before Apollo etc.

Problem:

I was running Hades image on my VU+ Solo2 and decided its time to update to 3.2.

After flashing / restoring settings my VU solo 2 has been crashing. I will try and take a screen shot later on today.

After the crash i have to power reset the box and boot it. Then i notice that I cannot FTP to the box any longer. Items like CCAM plugins do not have info any longer?

I thought lets not restore - lets reflash and set it up fresh. That did not help. Again a crash.

So i went back to Hades last release - The box is still crashing.

Now could this be a plugin? or something saved on the harddrive (or Flash)? settings or something else of sort?

Any advise or suggestions should be welcome

Regards

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    The crashlog generated in /home/root/logs/ (by default) would be a lot easier to read than a screenshot.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi mate

What version of openvix are you using latest being 3.2.010
    When you setup if for instants you had a set password on your previous image that will be lost so your have to reset this
    you could try disconnect any usb stick or hard drive conected to the receiver
    and one last check ...you are using the correct file solo2 and not solo silly as it seems it can happen download from here :-http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/ if you have downloaded from another site in the past

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    The crashlog generated in /home/root/logs/ (by default) would be a lot easier to read than a screenshot.
    I will get to this later on this evening. Thanks for the advice. I will post it here

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satmanbasil View Post
    Hi mate

What version of openvix are you using latest being 3.2.010
    When you setup if for instants you had a set password on your previous image that will be lost so your have to reset this
    you could try disconnect any usb stick or hard drive conected to the receiver
    and one last check ...you are using the correct file solo2 and not solo silly as it seems it can happen download from here :-http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/ if you have downloaded from another site in the past
    Thanks for the support satmanbasil.

I am using 3.2.010 --> openvix-3.2.010.release-vusolo2_usb.zip

The file was downloaded from these forums ( link above ) in the forums menu.

I have only a harddisk connected ( internal ) to the Solo 2 box. I can try to Format it ? Not sure if that contains any info.

However, I think i will post the crash logs from the box here first.

Please do check back.

Title
    Thanks
    ok .I cannot connect to FTP on the box now. Fliezilla throws the following error:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
    Response: 500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty
    Error: Critical error
    Error: Could not connect to server

I cannot get the logs so i am attaching 2 screen shots. on what i can see.

IMG_0486.jpgIMG_0489.jpg

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Flash from scratch via USB. Do not restore. Set everything up manually so you know what is being loaded. Load one item at a time and make sure everything is working at every step.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    ok. I will start with 3.2.10 Now. Just going to download it again for VU+ SOLO2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    scarOx Sadly that is exactly the problems / Error messages that I get on my GI LX2 running Vix 3.2.010. And believe me I have spent hours over three days re flashing using every configuration I could think of , and without success.
    If you look on the forum in the GI Lx2 section you can read all about it.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi everybody.

Exactly same error with same error message and same consequences here with vu+ solo2.
    Crash also shut down ftp and erases all plugins.
    Crash seems to produce randomly and not tied to any user action.

Tried (with all usb disconnected and hdd fresh formated):

1) Get back to Apolo 166: same error at a random moment watching tv (no user action at this moment). This is very strange as it worked ok with this build in the past and there is no new or changed hardware.

2) Reinstalled last legacy Vu+ image (vuplus-image-vusolo2-20150924163227_usb.zip) in order to be sure it wasn't an hardware problem and to 'clear' flash: no crash.

3) Reinstalled openvix-3.2.010.release-vusolo2_usb.zip (always from this web) with my usual config: openVPN, cccam221(2.2.1-r5), driver dvb-usb-it913x(1.0-r2) and picons dirtysnp.100x60.transparent-black and it crashed again at random moment.

This is not a problem from version 3.2.010 as this crashes started some weeks ago with earlier 3.2.xxx versions (sorry I not remember exactly when).

Now I've started trying starting from a clean 3.2.010 version and reinstalling my setups and plugins step by step but as the error is random you never be sure if it works or not, so you have to wait a few hours after each try... and you are never sure.

Ok, so for now my conclusion is it seems to be a problem with picons as it crashed yesterday a few hours after installing them. From then, I've reinstalled all my setups and plugins BUT the picons and it works from late yesterday with no crash...

Hope this could help to solve this problem.
    Vu+ Solo2

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-build-3-2-010

In future please post in the correct section.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Ok boss... excuse me as I've found this thread and replied without looking too much.
    Did you'll move this thread or can we continue here?
    Vu+ Solo2

Title
    Thanks
    It is NOT a picons issue as this setup without any picons just crashed now.
    I'll wait until problerms on 3.2.010 get solved.

Title
    Thanks
    No crashes for now (around 4 hours) with v. 3.2.013 (VuSolo2).
    Thanks guys, very great job.
    Vu+ Solo2

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Davitat For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (17-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry to say, but it finally crashed (v. 3.2.013) with again same error message.
    One little difference is before this error message I've got another one for a few seconds but no time to read, just something to do with softcam.

Strangely, it run hours before crashing but after this first crash I reloaded some images made during the afternoon which crashed after very few minutes. Very strange.
    Vu+ Solo2

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast