Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Box suggestions

Javajoeuk

Question Box suggestions

Hi everyone im looking for guidance on my first box to replace current sly box.
    I need to be able to use my sky card in the box to get the channels i have paid for and be able to record at least 2 channels at once.
    Recording digital terrestrial would be nice.
    I currently distribute tv to the rest of of the house via rf out which would be required from the new box.
    It needs to be able to play media off my emby server as well.
    Ive been looking at the vu+ duo2 but would like to hear options before i spend that sort of money on a box.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,162 Times in 6,237 Posts
    With regards to the RF out, you won't find many, if any recent receivers that have this included. You would be better off getting a standalone rf modulator if you are happy with the AV output.

HD chanenls are not viewable on third party receivers. Your white viewing card must be paired to an SD receiver in order to view premium channels.

You can record DTT provided you have a DTT tuner. There are USB variants as well as pluggable ones for some receivers.

Javajoeuk
    Thanks for that abu is there an alternative to rf distribution?
    Im open to suggestions its just the way ive always done it.
    Is there another way to get all the channels around the house via tv or network cables i have a tv point and network point behind each tv.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 Times in 2,254 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Javajoeuk View Post
    Thanks for that abu is there an alternative to rf distribution?
    Im open to suggestions its just the way ive always done it.
    Is there another way to get all the channels around the house via tv or network cables i have a tv point and network point behind each tv.

Thanks
    Remote Channel Stream Converter plugin ... runs on the client receiver (which doesn't need a tuner), on server receiver one tuner is utilised above any in use at that time for TV/recording.
    Boxes need to be connected via LAN or WiFi.
    Means each client receiver is controlled via own remote and can watch what the user wishes providing it it accessible by server receiver.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Javajoeuk
    Hi twol thanks for that I have not seen that before whats the quality like on the client and by what other means can u watch the stream on a Ipad?
    So i would think that the more turners the better in the server box, what the performance like if there are 3 clients watching different channels off a quad turner?
    Does it pick a free tuner can the client share the same channel as another?
    sorry for all the questions

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 Times in 2,254 Posts
    You can watch same or different channel.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Javajoeuk
    so would the vu+ duo2 be up to this job?