Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TM800 source code. PUBLIC!!

Title
    Thanks
    Shit, it's done the same again.

I scrubbed the entire Trunk Dir and grabbed everything once more from the SVN.

I noticed that as it was compiling, there were a few errors/warnings quickly flashing past. i wonder if I've not got the environment setup properly.

Any chance you could post a short tutorial, or even list key points?

I must be missing something.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    @ Witchy & Digidude, do you guys was a image Dev room created?

Maybe we could setup some-kind of image school so users can build their own base image
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

witchy (25-02-11)

digidude
    you could m8, but im no expert and am pretty much self taught using trial and error as well as little bits of help i can get from where ever possible (mainly google and a few select people)

but ill help anybody if i can

5. The Following User Says Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (25-02-11)

digidude
    some more updates hit the SVN an hour ago

Code:
    U    trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/service/servicedvb.cpp
    G    trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/gdi/dfb.cpp
    U    trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/base/filepush.h
    U    trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/base/filepush.cpp
    U    trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/dvb/decoder.cpp
    U    trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/dvb/dvb.cpp
    Checked out revision 357.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

bassethound (25-02-11),Sicilian (25-02-11),witchy (25-02-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digidude View Post
    you could m8, but im no expert and am pretty much self taught using trial and error as well as little bits of help i can get from where ever possible (mainly google and a few select people)

but ill help anybody if i can
    It's the trial and error part I'm unhappy with as I don't have much money and can't afford to wreck my box.

Google has been a great help and the fact that I'm managing to compile anything is a small personal miracle.
    I've looked at a few Dreambox tutorials and those are basically all the help I have. Specific support for the TM800 is non existent.

Does the svn download contain everything that is required, i.e does it contain all the correct environment settings and tools aswell as the source?

What are the basic commands to compile an img?

I think I'm skipping a step somewhere.

digidude
    you WONT ruin the receiver m8, ive bricked mine god knows how many times, the source you have access to will only allow you to create a TM800_update.bin file, this will only update the image on the receiver, if its dont work, itll just hang, using miniroot (not miniweb) reflash with a known good image, and youre back up n running

the TM800 cource only contains the files needed to create an image, not any of the tools or other things needed to set the environment

i had a script from some other members who dev images, ill dig it out m8. you run this, and it finds, downloads and installs most of the things needed to setup your linux environment

by trial and error, i meant with the actual creating of images, they do one of 3 things after you change stuff

1) they fail to compile at all, and throw screen after screen of errors before failing

2) the image compiles, but fails to fully boot the receiver

3) it works YAY!!

if you have all the source downloaded, you need to be in the correct folder to run the build script, in a terminal window, enter the following

Code:
    cd trunk
    cd cdk
    ./maketm800
    the source has just been updated again, to hopefully solve the green screen on lan issue when using a HD skin

Code:
    G    trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/python/Screens/NetworkSetup.py
    G    trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/lib/gdi/dfb.cpp
    G    trunk/enigma2-pli-7260/data/Magic/skin.xml
    Checked out revision 359.
    digidude@digidude-laptop:~/tm88$

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (26-02-11),witchy (25-02-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Fooking hell, it's that simple?!

You would not believe the shit I've been going through every time I compile it.

I think i must have been rebuilding all the dev tools, pmsl.

How do I grab only the revised parts of the source code, it seems silly me having to grab the entire trunk folder again.

digidude
    i do it manually in a terminal screen m8, imaging you saved the whole trunk folder into a folder called tm8

open a terminal window

Code:
    cd tm8
    svn co svn://urfreelinux.homelinux.org/LinuxHD/trunk
    thats it

itll seem like it hangs for a while, this is as it checks every revision of the files, if no changes, itll finish and tell you what revision youre on. if theres new files, itll update just the changed ones, then report the new SVN revision as shown above

you then enter

Code:
    cd trunk
    cd cdk
    ./maketm800
    and itll ask for the admin password you setup when installing linux onto your machine, enter this, itll delete some temp files and start compiling, it takes about 10-15 minutes

once it finishes youll see this

Code:
    #############################################################
    #		make firmware
    #############################################################
    ############### TM800 start ##############
    TM800*
     rootfs jffs2
    ####################################################################################
    Update Flash File
    Little Endian 
    Little Endian 
    ####################################################################################
     Flash file build Complete
    ############### TM800 Finish ##############
    Completed (/home/digidude/tm88/trunk/cdkflash/TM800-25-02-11)
    #################### END ###################################
    digidude@digidude-laptop:~/tm88/trunk/cdk$
    in 'Places' navigate to the folder highlighted in red above, and youll see the file TM800_update.bin, thats your image

copy it to USB, slam it into the box, fire up miniroot, and away you go

13. The Following User Says Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

witchy (25-02-11)

digidude
    just to add, the latest update to the SVN solves the green screen when entering networking menus in HD skins

15. The Following User Says Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

witchy (25-02-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers mate.

I've scrubbed everything and I'm grabbing the complete Rev 359 again, just to make sure I've not corrupted anything with all my fiddling about.

I had been following a DM800 tutorial (making changes for the TM800 ofcourse), it was much more in-depth but I reckon that's because it was also creating the environment and setting up the tools.

HD skins here i come, woohoo!

digidude
    i tried following a DMM tutorial, its TOTALLY different m8.

the instructions above will allow you to create a UR image with the date its compiled as the image date, but, any image you create is only to be used by you, and not released, as theyre not tested, so releasing what looks to be an official image, could get the access to the source removed from everyone

but, in doing this, youll always have the very latest updates, even if they aint stable, to play with

Title
    Thanks
    I've just finished compiling, first time I done it I got an error at the very end, it said something about 'swig', so I grabbed Swig-1.30 from synaptic Package Manager, installed it, re-ran the compile and now I have a nice new image on my HDD.

Gonna install it, fingers crossed.

Don't worry about me releasing anything I create. i just want to play and the lure of the HD Skins was too much.

PS, my wife and kids are going to reall fooking hate you ;-)

WOOHOOO - IT WORKED!

sorry for getting all excited, but this is a landmark for me, lol
    Last edited by witchy; 25-02-11 at 21:05.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to witchy For This Useful Post:

bassethound (25-02-11)

digidude
    is this your first image then m8??

youll now get the bug to customise it

Title
    Thanks
    First image to actually WORK, yes lol

oooh these HD skns are sexy and I've only tested the BASIC-HD one!

I think I'll compile a Gansta Speak version.

When are UR going to release the first HD compatible image, it really make s a difference to the box. i think it'll make a lot of people happy.

OK, it doesn't fix the PVR problems nor the media playback, but it makes the unit feel more professional.

A step in the right direction imo.

EDIT..

Can't seem to enter PPanels on any HD skin (Green Screen), do you know of any skins that have been fully mapped?
    Last edited by witchy; 25-02-11 at 21:34.

digidude
    you should be able to enter ppanels m8, theres also numerous pvr fixes, not too sure about trick play, but playback issues are resolved, format your drive (using a SD skin,or youll green screen lol)

some of the HD skins you cant mess with due to the original creators not giving permission to do so

its only really media player that needs sorting to bring the basics of it to a par with other enigma2 receivers

ill email you a ppanel for a few 'customisations' that youll like m8

i thinkUR will release one after all the menus etc are safe, and dont green screen the receiver, but, i fear thatdue to the skins all being keymapped for DMM based receivers, theyll never be 100%

to see what i mean by this, download ANY SD skin, restart with the new skin, then press the yellow button for ppanels the only image to date that is stable with 'other' skins is the DW modified backup ones

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12