Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TM800 source code. PUBLIC!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

TM800 source code. PUBLIC!!

All the details that you need

linux access to a file server to allow you to create your own copy of the source code, and allow you to make your own images

Code:
    svn co svn://warehouse.serveftp.org/LinuxHD/trunk
    ID anonymous
    passwd anonymous

the FULL source code for the TM800 is now available from the same SVN, currently on revision 249. This allows full control over the customisation of the receiver as well as all linux functions. Playing with this and flashing your receiver CAN damage it beyond repair and could invalidate the warranty.

thanks to digidude
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (21-12-10),Sicilian (21-12-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    fantastic news. now we might see some real progress with this receiver.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Could have done this back in march/april/may before sales started in June better late than never!!!!!!!!!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Could have done this back in march/april/may before sales started in June better late than never!!!!!!!!!
    i agree with that as well. as iv'e said many times before, this receiver could have been a true giant killer if TM had gotten off their arses earlier. Instead of leaving every thing to UR who produce good E1 work but have no clue about E2. this does seem a bit like closing a gate after the horse has feckered off but better late than never.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think its to late to get market share back or buyer confidence with the likes of Duolabs QBox HD Mini now on sale

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...-arrived-in-UK

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeah i saw your thread about the qbox. i might just have a word with iceman2007 and see what the deal is with that box as he's in pretty well with rick who owns duolabs.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    the tm800 images are nearly 60Mb in size so there is plenty of fat to cut of the bone for the right team

digidude
    The public SVN now also contains tutorials on rebuilding entire kernals, as well as information on setting up defaults within the start up wizards and a lot of other information relating to enigma2 and python, so even if you only code for broadcom receivers, theres still information that will be relevant and helpfull to you. a lot of this information is not available from the openPLi or open blackhole projects, but is still relevant to them

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

bassethound (11-01-11),Larry-G (11-01-11),pooface (11-01-11),Sicilian (11-01-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Has this been removed from public download?

I keep getting an error when trying to grab it, it's saying something about the Gnome Keyring being locked and non interactive?!

All i want to do is compile it and see the new HD skins

digidude
    thatll be something to do with your linux installation on the computer m8

the HD skin drivers were added at dinner time today, and they work

but, due to some mapping issues (just like with the SD skins) some button presses or menu items cause a green screen, mainly networking menus and formatting

but, the SVN is still live and online, i think the latest revision is 352

13. The Following User Says Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

witchy (23-02-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Okay dokay!

I'll fart about with my settings. I had added KDE to it last night and things have started acting funny, lol.

Is it still an anonymous login ?
    Last edited by andyblac; 24-02-11 at 12:12. Reason: Removed a users real name.

Title
    Thanks
    Ignore me mate, I got it working.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry for multiple posts but the option to Edit has timed out.

I've compiled the code and my TM800_Update.bin is 57.3 MB, is this a normal file size?

*update*
    Something not right. It installed ok, then rebooted. The initial Penguin screen popped up then the UR page popped up but it just sat on the UR page forever.

I think I'll leave it just now and wait for some advice from the expert out there.

In the meantime I'll flash it back to my backup image.
    Last edited by witchy; 23-02-11 at 22:34.

digidude
    in the VFD, did it get past the 'CHECKING KEY' bit, then start scrolling 'Loading PLi-E2 UR....'

or did it stick on BOOT (100%)?

have you made any modifications to your local copy of the files? or just keeping the latest ones to have a UR release before an actual release is made?

if you havent made any changed, delete the trunk/enigma2-pli-7260 folder THEN EMPTY DELETED ITEMS

update the SVN again, and itll re-download what you just deleted

also delete the folder trunk/rootfs, the entire contents of trunk/cdkflash (copy any images from here you know work first though that you may want to keep)

the current SVN revision is 353, updated at ~ 6:30am this morning

18. The Following User Says Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

witchy (24-02-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digidude View Post
    in the VFD, did it get past the 'CHECKING KEY' bit, then start scrolling 'Loading PLi-E2 UR....'

or did it stick on BOOT (100%)?
    It got beyond 100% then displayed 'Checking Key', the VFD then changed to 'TECHNOMATE' and it just sat there forever, while displaying the UR onscreen logo.

have you made any modifications to your local copy of the files? or just keeping the latest ones to have a UR release before an actual release is made?
    I didn't change a thing mate, I gabbed the source, and compiled it, all I'm after is the HD skin support.

if you havent made any changed, delete the trunk/enigma2-pli-7260 folder THEN EMPTY DELETED ITEMS
    update the SVN again, and itll re-download what you just deleted
    also delete the folder trunk/rootfs, the entire contents of trunk/cdkflash (copy any images from here you know work first though that you may want to keep)

the current SVN revision is 353, updated at ~ 6:30am this morning
    Will do mate.

I'll be back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast