Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Gigablue Quad+ and Kodi

Title
    Thanks

Gigablue Quad+ and Kodi

Hi all,
    i'm thinking of buying the quad+, can anyone advise is it possible to install Kodi ?

Regards
    Ian

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    not possible.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

johnrichard (30-09-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    thanks for the quick reply, are there any enigma receivers you can recommend that have 2+ tuners that i can install Kodi on ?

Thankyou for your help
    Ian

Title
    Thanks
    As stated above realistically no it does not work at present but did very well untill a court case got all the major broadband providers to block the sites.
    I previously used it on mine but now does not work with hades image due to the above and a few other issues however I have it installed Kodi 3 and use it to download films I can copy to a stick and watch on my tv. it all seems to function on mine now with ver 3 but when you press play the film plays with no sound and you have no control over the player no expert but seems like a player issue.
    so basicly if I wish to watch a film I just download copy to a stick and watch it on my TV.
    Gigablue quad plus is a great box I have two plus and a quad why not just buy a android stick for a few quid to watch Kodi.
    Last edited by WOODWARD395; 02-10-15 at 10:04.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Woodward,
    thanks for the advice, was trying to combine 2 boxes into 1, i have a Dreambox and also a minix neo x8 for Kodi. will now look to purchase a replacement for my old DM800.

Regards
    Ian

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ianfms For This Useful Post:

WOODWARD395 (02-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    So how do other E2 images manage to install a working full kodi/E2 image on the Wetek?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    they have arm inside and not mips and arm is fully supported by the kodi team. Also Wetek supports creation of images.

ciao
    ---
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

twol (02-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    The old kodi worked fully on my giga plus prior to the court case for all broadband providers to block these sites then nothing would download now its downloading the films no problem the only thing is the player will not play them correctly the film plays as stated before but no sound and no control over the player fast forward pause ect the film plays to the end, to get out of it you have to re boot the box. the films play on my pc and tv is it not a codec problem or player as some people have reported some of the addons working on xtrend site.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODWARD395 View Post
    The old kodi worked fully on my giga plus prior to the court case for all broadband providers to block these sites then nothing would download now its downloading the films no problem the only thing is the player will not play them correctly the film plays as stated before but no sound and no control over the player fast forward pause ect the film plays to the end, to get out of it you have to re boot the box. the films play on my pc and tv is it not a codec problem or player as some people have reported some of the addons working on xtrend site.
    sorry but you really do not have a clue what the hell you are talking about.

No current Enigma2, Mips / Mipsel based receiver can run kodi natievely. Only a select few E2 boxes can currently run a version of XBMC but those are closed source versions that need to be updated by the manufacturer as in the case of Vu+ (solo2, duo2. solo SE) and the Mut@nt.

KODIDIRECT has nothing to do with the XBMC / KODI foundation and is in no way supported by them, it is a emulator, nothing more. as for wetek thats a ARM based box which is fully supported by the XBMC / KODI foundation.

mips / mipsel is not now and likely wont ever be supported by the XBMC / KODI foundation.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok I stand corrected XMBC was fully working on my box with no problems I now have Kodi 3 on my box and can download and play films on my box but no sound and can also Download and copy the films to my pc and play them, all I was doing was stating the facts as to how my box is performing when kodi 3 is installed on my box.
    and maybe you do know a little more than anyone else but i always understood the purpose of these forums is to learn and pass knowledge onto others.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...-websites.html
    Last edited by WOODWARD395; 02-10-15 at 21:37.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODWARD395 View Post
    Ok I stand corrected XMBC was fully working on my box with no problems I now have Kodi 3 on my box and can download and play films on my box but no sound and can also Download and copy the films to my pc and play them, all I was doing was stating the facts as to how my box is performing when kodi 3 is installed on my box.
    and maybe you do know a little more than anyone else but i always understood the purpose of these forums is to learn and pass knowledge onto others.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...-websites.html
    You are not running kodi on your receiver and you never have either, you are running a emulator nothing more. The high court blocks have little to nothing to do with this discussion.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

WOODWARD395 (03-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    you are using "Kodi direct" which is something completely different then XBMC or Kodi.

ciao
    ---

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

WOODWARD395 (03-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for explaining understanding a lot more So as you say its an emulator software that enables one computer system (called the host) to behave like another computer system (called the guest). An emulator typically enables the host system to run software or use peripheral devices designed for the guest system.
    (had to Google that.) so does that mean Kodi Direct is a simulation of kodi written in Linux to do and run the same to achieve the same end results.eg watch films tv ect as the original KODI.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    It's a plugin that uses illegal links to streaming files.
    Nothing more, nothing less... (and has nothing to do with Kodi developers)
    The fact you can download but not watch/hear is down to badly encoded files.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

WOODWARD395 (03-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi.

I'm interested in buying the Gigablue combo quad box.

However as I'm Deaf, subtitles are very important to me. I know a couple of Deaf people who have combo/linux boxes and say that when they view recorded programs, the subtitles aren't available. However the Gigablue box came highly recommended and the person who recommended it, reckons that subtitles should play for recorded programs. (he isnt deaf himself) I'm hoping that any one of you that own a Gigablue quad box can confirm that the box does indeed save subtitles with recorded programs to watch later? Last thing I want to do is spend an awful lot of money only to discover that it doesn't do that and I'd have the hassle of returning the box!

Also I note that there are several optional additions when ordering the box - Bearing in mind I fundamentally want the box to do the above as well as receive (Irish) terrestrial channels and UK satellite channels, which of these add ons would you say are essential? Or is the Gigablue simply overkill for my needs? (suggestions for a cheaper alternative would be very welcome!)

Apologies for the long post and if you are able to offer helpful suggestions, it would be most appreciated!!

Cheers!