Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: streaming to Kodi or amazon stick

Title
    Thanks

streaming to Kodi or amazon stick

hi all

I've been messing about with the builtin transcoder. Can the stream be push to a amazon stick or is there a kodi pvr client that works. I've tried the Vu+/Enigma2 client but it takes an age to load the EPG and its a bit flaky.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    limit EPG to only 1 bouquets with the most popular channel and it is quite fast.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irishbiker View Post
    hi all

I've been messing about with the builtin transcoder. Can the stream be push to a amazon stick or is there a kodi pvr client that works. I've tried the Vu+/Enigma2 client but it takes an age to load the EPG and its a bit flaky.
    May i ask why you would want to push kodi to firestick? Firestick can run kodi on its own and it runs excellent.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kegnkiwi View Post
    May i ask why you would want to push kodi to firestick? Firestick can run kodi on its own and it runs excellent.
    He's not talking about pushing kodi to the fire stick. He wants to stream channels from E2 to kodi on a fire tv stick. also worth mentioning if both devices are on the same internal network it would be best to just stream the channels directly instead of transcoding them as transcoding looses quality.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kegnkiwi View Post
    As the previous member stated you can only really use one bouquet the the Kodi client. using the excellent open Webif web interface, you have the whole box at your fingertips. You can easily search and view all your channels, yes you can do it in kodi but its not as flexible and as quick (well on my setup).

Simply using the web interface,you click on the stream button it then pushes it to the fireTV which then in-turn streams the content on your TV

I was just see what options I have to view my box in other rooms of the house. I also want to stream when I am away.

As always thoughts / ideas welcomed.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    He's not talking about pushing kodi to the fire stick. He wants to stream channels from E2 to kodi on a fire tv stick. also worth mentioning if both devices are on the same internal network it would be best to just stream the channels directly instead of transcoding them as transcoding looses quality.
    You were too quick for me . i was composing my reply when you emailed your response.
    Last edited by irishbiker; 20-09-15 at 09:38. Reason: speeling

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishbiker View Post
    I also want to stream when I am away.
    If you want to stream channel outside of your own home network (transocding them), you had better make sure your setup is sewn up tighter than a ducks arse under water (pardon my french). If it's not you can bet your arse some one will find your box on the internet and before long will be hosting your channels on the internet as part of a illegal streaming service, or worse gain access to your home network via the E2 box.

I am not saying this to scare you but these days there are a lot of people looking for open or vulnerable E2 boxes to exploit for their own benefit.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    If you want to stream channel outside of your own home network (transocding them), you had better make sure your setup is sewn up tighter than a ducks arse under water (pardon my french). If it's not you can bet your arse some one will find your box on the internet and before long will be hosting your channels on the internet as part of a illegal streaming service, or worse gain access to your home network via the E2 box.

I am not saying this to scare you but these days there are a lot of people looking for open or vulnerable E2 boxes to exploit for their own benefit.

No totally agree, I'm on a dynamic IP and I have been using non standard ports for streaming/web interface and removing the port forwarding links when complete. That does lead me to my next question. On the Box I can add username/password protection to the user interface and streaming - Where can I set the username and password?