Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: recording problem.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

recording problem.

hi guys,

i have an issue. i recorded a prog earlier on bbc1 hd, now when i come to play it back the prog keeps freezing and jumping and i also have the loss of sound at times, if i pause the recording for a few minutes and then play it will play better for a minute or so but then screw up again.

has no one come across this or do you know why its happening and how to fix it,

thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    it would help if you told us what version of Vix you are using and also what size hard drive, is it a 2.5" or a 3.5" as that can make a difference as most 3.5" hard drives spin at 7,000+ rpm but it is better to use a 5,000 rpm hard drive in a PVR - but it is also possible that your hard drive is faulty if it is failing when you play a recording

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    sorry i have no answers to either of the questions you asked,

the system was purchased direct from world of satellite and it was supposed to come with the latest version of vix and they installed the hdd so i am unable to answer them questions.

Title
    Thanks
    You won't have any problems using a 7200 rpm drive or a 5400 rpm, I think the only real difference is the noise and power consumption. (I could be wrong though )
    Does the box play alright when you are watching live? is there a chance that during the recording you may have had a problem with the signal?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i am having no signal problems and when i am watching the tv live everything is fine.