Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mut@nt 2400 or xtrend 10000

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Does both these boxes have twin tuners as standard fitted to then, or are they just single tuners like the xtrend 8500, as it only appears to come with single tuners fitted as standard, i was also having a good look at the remotes for the xtrend and the mut@nt, as i will be using the remote that comes with the box that i buy, and the xtrend has the colour buttons up in the middle of the remote, where as the mut@nt has them down at the bottom, so not as handy when using the colour buttons, but the mut@nt seems to have a good lay out on it apart from the colour buttons, so im still trying to decide, many thanks for the feed back im getting on this thread....cheers !!
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Well most people do not choose to buy a separate remote for their receiver.
    Nor do I. You buy a Harmony just once to command all your devices in a very comfortable way.
    And no need for an expensive Harmony at all!

Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Really?
    I have owned a Vu Duo a solo 2 and briefly a mut@nt and none of them got anywhere near as hot as 50c.
    Yes, really.
    First of all: the temperature readout is very much dependant on where the sensor is. If it's inside the SoC you might even see 170 degrees without having to worry.
    The DUO doesn't even have a temperature sensor, so one has no idea about the values of that box.
    Last edited by Rob van der Does; 08-09-15 at 12:19.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Nor do I. You buy a Harmony just once to command all your devices in a very comfortable way.
    And no need for an expensive Harmony at all!
    Have to say I agree with you Rob , (although I personally don,t like the Harmony ) it does a perfectly good job not just for E2 receivers but almost any audio/sound device, and means that you can stack all your remotes in a drawer for emergencies - like my visiting relatives
    So remotes are (in my view) only a valid reason for buying one box or another when you only have a receiver plus TV ... and no other gear.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the feedback from this thread guys, iv`e decided to go for the Mut@nt 2400hd, basically because it has twin tuners as standard, as with the xtrened having single tuners, not to sure about the usb charging remote, but, will see how it goes, and then maybe i`ll have a look at the harmony remote, but as it would only be for the tv + box, so maybe an expense i dont need, Thanks for all the help guys....cheers !!

PS.. Yes, i bought the box from WOS....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback from this thread guys, iv`e decided to go for the Mut@nt 2400hd, basically because it has twin tuners as standard, as with the xtrened having single tuners, not to sure about the usb charging remote, but, will see how it goes, and then maybe i`ll have a look at the harmony remote, but as it would only be for the tv + box, so maybe an expense i dont need, Thanks for all the help guys....cheers !!

All the best ...... but twin tuners as standard???? Its the same as the ET10000, 4 tuners with in and loop thru ....... unless I am missing something?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

shotgun1 (09-09-15),wullboy (09-09-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes.. my misunderstanding about the tuners twol m8, just had a phone call from stef, to keep my on the straight and narrow.. lol.. never mind, new boys toys on its merry way....

Code:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You won't be disappointed blindly fantastic box and I would not worry about that remote it charges fast and lasts ages but I have the Harmony remote now and saves having five remotes on the coffee table. I believe u have made a great choice and you will be amazed how fast it is compared to cheaper boxes enjoy m8 .
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bazzer For This Useful Post:

wullboy (09-09-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post

I do not know what you mean when you say it the mut@nt has twin tuners as standard.
    They are both quad tuners.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    joysleep 1, yes m8, they are both quad tuner boxes, 4 single tuners, i was wrong in thinking the mut@ant had twin tuners [ 2x4 tuners]

Code:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I do have ET10000 with 4xC/T2 tuners. A bit complicated structure compared to my VU+Duo2 having 2xC/T2 Dual tuners. Better drivers VU+ is offering when using OpenViX than Xtrend.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tappari View Post
    I do have ET10000 with 4xC/T2 tuners. A bit complicated structure compared to my VU+Duo2 having 2xC/T2 Dual tuners. Better drivers VU+ is offering when using OpenViX than Xtrend.
    Can you explain more? The drivers are not connected to a particular image.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Can you explain more? The drivers are not connected to a particular image.
    Just see how ET10000 drivers work. With Si2169 DVB T2 tuners display for SNR is about 45% and for AGC =0%. Cannot be right.

Title
    Thanks
    I don't have T2 Tuners so cannot comment... but the S2 figures are pretty accurate.
    So not knowing anything about T2 tuners, are you using Silicon labs tuners or do all the receivers use a variation of their device?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    I too would like to know why reading are so low against other receivers, I have 2 X T2 tuners with readings of just over 50% SNR and AGC 0%. yet my Golden Interstar LX3 get over 90% SNR and over 90% AGC when connected to same cables, tuners are Si2169
    Last edited by thor1; 10-09-15 at 16:13. Reason: adding info

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had the same Question when i bought my Mut@nt as i could not get a signal above 50% i thought their was a faulty tuner as my LX3 was showing 99% on the same channel but it is just the way some tuners and receivers are my ET10k is the same as the Mut@nt i only get about 55% SNR but the picture is perfect so Don't worry about it if the picture is clear and stable

ET10k signal.jpg LX3 SIGNAL.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast