Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mut@nt 2400 or xtrend 10000

Title
    Thanks
    Mine sits at 44c and has never been a problem its not that hot to the touch but it was a concern for me when i got it but doesnt make a diffrence

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by casuk View Post
    Mine sits at 44c and has never been a problem its not that hot to the touch but it was a concern for me when i got it but doesnt make a diffrence
    Mine gets hotter than that.
    Maybe because i am doing something more demanding from the receiver. I dont know.
    Mine can reach up to 50c. And feels very hot

Title
    Thanks
    Its warm but not hot its always been at 44 since day one even if i turn fan up still stays the same, im just using as standard stb

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by casuk View Post
    Its warm but not hot its always been at 44 since day one even if i turn fan up still stays the same, im just using as standard stb
    oH OK

I have all 4 tuners in use. 2 satellite and 2 cable. The tuners itself get very hot.

Title
    Thanks
    Using 3 cable one sat in mine and a 2tb 7200 hdd yea its tuner side to center thats warm

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I have to disagree i'm afraid. I have both and out all 4 receivers I have, the Xtrend ET10K is my least fave (4th).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I have to disagree i'm afraid. I have both and out all 4 receivers I have, the Xtrend ET10K is my least fave (4th).

Any chance of a why? may help the op

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Andy m8, can i ask why you would bring it last, and what other boxes are you running m8, would you say the mut@nt 24hs is cheap looking, and as blu-ray states the price is dropping, then i ask myself,why would a top end box start to drop money on it, if it was a good end box, I appreciate all the info [ good & bad ] i have been receiving from this thread....cheers guys !!
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboy View Post
    Andy m8, can i ask why you would bring it last, and what other boxes are you running m8, would you say the mut@nt 24hs is cheap looking, and as blu-ray states the price is dropping, then i ask myself,why would a top end box start to drop money on it, if it was a good end box, I appreciate all the info [ good & bad ] i have been receiving from this thread....cheers guys !!
    I think the Mut@nt is sexy and different. I like the blue buttons when lit up and blue display. I don't think its cheap looking at all, I personally think the Xtrend 10K isn't a nice looking box, I don't like the Xtrend's remote either.
    Don't be put off by the price drop at all, you could say the same about the Xtrend's price drop also.
    My Mut@nt HD2400 is my fave (1st), then my Vu+ Solo2, then my Vu+ Uno and the Xtrend ET10K.
    Like I say this is just my personal opinion, but the Mut@nt does look sexy, photo's don't do it justice to be fair.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think the Mut@nt is sexy and different. I like the blue buttons when lit up and blue display. I don't think its cheap looking at all, I personally think the Xtrend 10K isn't a nice looking box, I don't like the Xtrend's remote either.
    Don't be put off by the price drop at all, you could say the same about the Xtrend's price drop also.
    My Mut@nt HD2400 is my fave (1st), then my Vu+ Solo2, then my Vu+ Uno and the Xtrend ET10K.
    Like I say this is just my personal opinion, but the Mut@nt does look sexy, photo's don't do it justice to be fair.

Very surprising you dont like the xtrends remote control. It is by far more superior than the mut@nt. It is universal. Its automatically better in every way......

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts

Both the Mut@nt and the ET10000 are the same boring rectangular boxes ... now the ET8500 .. that is different, and it has a proper display
    ... but everybody to their own .............
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (07-09-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joysleep1 View Post
    Very surprising you dont like the xtrends remote control. It is by far more superior than the mut@nt. It is universal. Its automatically better in every way......
    Like I've said, its my personal opinion.....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Both the Mut@nt and the ET10000 are the same boring rectangular boxes ... now the ET8500 .. that is different, and it has a proper display
    ... but everybody to their own .............

Yeah but I prefer like most to watch the TV

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    ...I think the remote is a big factor when choosing between receivers. ....
    No idea why it should be. I never ever use any device-RC at all (they are all piled in the cupboard) and nor would you once you had tried a Harmony.
    An 'activity-based' RC is far superior over any device-RC.

The only slight issue that i get a bit concerned about with the xtrend is that it gets quite hot when using it. Up to around 50 degrees.
    So that's not hot at all!

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    No idea why it should be. I never ever use any device-RC at all (they are all piled in the cupboard) and nor would you once you had tried a Harmony.
    An 'activity-based' RC is far superior over any device-RC.

So that's not hot at all!
    Well most people do not choose to buy a separate remote for their receiver. They would like a good solid remote that would do the job fine as well as being universal. A harmony remote is just another expense if the default remote is terrible. I have to say the VU remote was also quite nice.

Really?
    I have owned a Vu Duo a solo 2 and briefly a mut@nt and none of them got anywhere near as hot as 50c.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast