Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ET10k 4x hybrid tuner issue

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Still happening on OpenViX-3.2.005, one more clue, perhaps.

W1 = watching mux1, R2 = recording mux2 ... etc

W1,R2,R3,R4 stops mux3 as mentioned (many times) before.

If I stop and erase R4, R3 starts recording again, with a gap in the recoding while R4 was running.

Am I really the only person using 4*hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 terrestrial Freeview tuners on an ET10K?
    My ET10000 behaves the same way with 4 x Si2169 C/T2 tuners. I cannot record from 4 terrestrial multiplexes at the same time. 3 is ok, but when starting tuner D, tuner C drops off.
    Other problems with ET10000 are missing audio if recording from HDMI-input, and 0% display for AGC.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tappari For This Useful Post:

ccs (14-09-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one seeing this problem. Lets hope it can be sorted out.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one seeing this problem. Lets hope it can be sorted out.
    What about the other problems I mentioned?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tappari View Post
    My ET10000 behaves the same way with 4 x Si2169 C/T2 tuners. I cannot record from 4 terrestrial multiplexes at the same time. 3 is ok, but when starting tuner D, tuner C drops off.
    Other problems with ET10000 are missing audio if recording from HDMI-input, and 0% display for AGC.
    ET10000 are missing audio if recording from HDMI-input: My understanding (and I have checked this!) is that it has to be a timer recording - some technicality
    0% display for AGC: to be honest because every receiver make is different, AGC is irrelevant providing you have a good picture ...... SNR is important and the only figure I look at when adjusting my dishes
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    ET10000 are missing audio if recording from HDMI-input: My understanding (and I have checked this!) is that it has to be a timer recording - some technicality
    0% display for AGC: to be honest because every receiver make is different, AGC is irrelevant providing you have a good picture ...... SNR is important and the only figure I look at when adjusting my dishes
    I have added these lines to /etc/Enigma2/bouquets.tv:
    #SERVICE 8192:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
    #DESCRIPTION Xtrend HDMI 2 Input

And then testing timer recording. No success.

Title
    Thanks
    I have added these lines to /etc/Enigma2/bouquets.tv:
    #SERVICE 8192:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
    #DESCRIPTION Xtrend HDMI 2 Input

And then testing timer recording. No success.
    Looks correct and my understanding is that to bypass encryption/hand shaking issues should go via a hdmi splitter. Also cannot watch and record - must be on different channel when timer recording starts on hdmi In.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

tappari (15-09-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Looks correct and my understanding is that to bypass encryption/hand shaking issues should go via a hdmi splitter. Also cannot watch and record - must be on different channel when timer recording starts on hdmi In.
    I did use splitter, but my mistake was to be in HDMI-input during recording. Works fine now. Thank you twol!

Title
    Thanks
    I did use splitter, but my mistake was to be in HDMI-input during recording. Works fine now. Thank you twol!
    Wow, great..... I know that I had it working at one time ... But it is a while since I had my ET10000 and was beginning to think that I had dreamt it
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sadly, not much activity on this thread. Bought 4 dvb-c/t/t2 tuners, but can only use 3 of them.

I see that a new stock of tuners is now available from WOS - they are described as dvb-c/t2 tuners, rather than dvb-c/t/t2.

Does this mean that they are different tuners, or is it just wishful thinking?

Only asking because......

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Yes, no issue using 4x dvb-c/t2 tuners, found issue is using 4x dvb-c tuner, using hybrid tuners should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ccs; 29-10-15 at 19:28.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    They're the same tuner modules, there been no recent tuner revision.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

ccs (30-10-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Another month gone by, I thought I'd have another try....

Openviv 3.2.026, no settings, just tuned and setup using ABM.

Nice clean debug log, no key presses, just a wakeup from deep standby to service 4 timers, each on a different mux, starting 5 minutes apart and each lasting for 25 minutes.
    The last recording was set to go into deep standby when finished.
    bbc1 (the startup channel), itv, drama and dave are the mux's being used.

The 3rd recording (on drama) runs for 4 minutes 37 seconds, before being stopped when the 4th recording (on Dave) starts.

The other 3 recordings ran for 25 minutes (approx).

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I guess this really needs a new thread, but it's a variation on the same theme.

I've read elsewhere that adding a usb tuner would get the ET10K back to a 4 tuner box, so I made the mistake of buying a
    Sundtek usb dvb-t2 tuner and configured it according to instructions.

The 4th recording to start still stops tunerC like before

I've tried all sorts of permutations, but nothing helps, infact some make it even worse.

The configuration I expected to work was enabling A B and C, disabling D, and enabling E (usb).

E never shows up as the current tuner in use, but it does get used if set to the preferred tuner.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I guess this really needs a new thread, but it's a variation on the same theme.

I've read elsewhere that adding a usb tuner would get the ET10K back to a 4 tuner box, so I made the mistake of buying a
    Sundtek usb dvb-t2 tuner and configured it according to instructions.

The 4th recording to start still stops tunerC like before

I've tried all sorts of permutations, but nothing helps, infact some make it even worse.

The configuration I expected to work was enabling A B and C, disabling D, and enabling E (usb).

E never shows up as the current tuner in use, but it does get used if set to the preferred tuner.
    I have at the moment two Sundteks in my ET10000. Works fine as 5 tuner box when internal tuner D is disabled.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tappari For This Useful Post:

ccs (22-12-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I must be doing something wrong. I'll have another go, at least I now know it should work.

When you say you disabled tuner D, have you physically removed it, or just marked it as unavailable like I have?

And are you using VIX?
    Last edited by ccs; 22-12-15 at 14:58.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Well I've worked out what's happening - TunerC is faulty and so my checks on the usb tuner were bound to fail.

Symptom was poor/no reception. Moving cables didn't help. Odd coincidence??

Timing couldn't be better.

Even ABM was failing with tuner lock.

Powered off for five minutes, tunerC now fine.
    Last edited by ccs; 22-12-15 at 17:34.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast