Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPG, not work right,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

EPG, not work right,

hi guys,

i have set my box up and all channels are working as i hoped they would, i have setup everything including the EPG,

Porblem i have is that the guide is not working right, when i bring the guide up i get shown what is on some channels but not others although once i have viewed the channel that the EPG will then show me what is on that channel,

i hope that makes sense if not i have added a photo to try to help explain.

can anyone tell me what i have done wrong.

thank youDSC_0066.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    are you saving your 7 day epg to a mounted usb or internal hdd and your epg setting says where it is to store.
    are you using crossepg ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    it currently says EPG location as media/hdd with the other option is internal flash,

yes i am using crossepg as when i go into epg on the box that is the only thing i can pick. well it is as far as i can see

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Delete your EPG data from the menu.

Then run ABM to start with

Then start again with crossepg and opentvproviders
    VU+ DUO2 Always Current Vix Build Gibertini 1.2m Motorised

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    how do i delete EPG data and where is it.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Menu>setup>system>epg>load save delete>delete epg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok thank you

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Make sure you run ABM before you setup EPG again.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok i have deleted all that i am now running the ABM but am having a issue when its scanning sat it is finding 0 video and 0 radio, and i dont understand this as i am watching the sat channels without problem.

the error message it comes up with at the end is " timeout for tuner lock "

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sut View Post
    ok i have deleted all that i am now running the ABM but am having a issue when its scanning sat it is finding 0 video and 0 radio, and i dont understand this as i am watching the sat channels without problem.

the error message it comes up with at the end is " timeout for tuner lock "
    Probably why your EPG did not download.

How many tuners do you have?
    Does each and every tuner have a signal cable connected to it?
    What is at the other end of these signal cables? (multi LNB/motorised, diseqc switch etc.) Please answer separately for each tuner.
    What is each tuner configured as? Please answer separately for each tuner.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How many tuners do you have? --------- 3 tuners but oly 1 in use and that is tuner B

Does each and every tuner have a signal cable connected to it? ------------------------- no tuner B has 2 cables going into it.

What is at the other end of these signal cables? (multi LNB/motorised, diseqc switch etc.) Please answer separately for each tuner. -----------------------------truth be told here i really dont know the diffference, its just a standard dish at the end of the dish where the cables come out it has 4 points where you could screw in cables. i hope that helps you.

What is each tuner configured as? Please answer separately for each tuner. -------------------- i have the tuner configured is B and i have it as DVB-S2 SINGLE. the other tuners are configured as C DVB-S2 SINGLE ( but no cables for sat dish are connected to this, and tuner A is set as DVB-C not configured.

hope this helps you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sut For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (01-09-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Does each and every tuner have a signal cable connected to it? ------------------------- no tuner B has 2 cables going into it.
    How is this possible? They are single tuner modules

What is at the other end of these signal cables? (multi LNB/motorised, diseqc switch etc.) Please answer separately for each tuner. -----------------------------truth be told here i really dont know the diffference, its just a standard dish at the end of the dish where the cables come out it has 4 points where you could screw in cables. i hope that helps you.
    Thank you

What is each tuner configured as? Please answer separately for each tuner. -------------------- i have the tuner
    configured is B and i have it as DVB-S2 SINGLE.
    This is fine

the other tuners are configured as C DVB-S2 SINGLE ( but no cables for sat dish are connected to this)
    This is not fine. You said there is no wire connected to it. But have configured it as if there is a signal wire connected to it.

and tuner A is set as DVB-C not configured.
    This is fine

hope this helps you
    No it doesn't. It helps you.

Ideally you should connect a satellite signal wires to the two satellite tuners.
    Each tuner with a signal signal wire from teh sky dish should be configured as: simple, single, 28.2

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

sut (01-09-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How is this possible? They are single tuner modules.//////////i have 2 cables coming out the wall from the sat dish, i have both cables connected to the tuner, 1 cable is in the rf in and 1 cable is in the rf out

the other tuners are configured as C DVB-S2 SINGLE ( but no cables for sat dish are connected to this)
    This is not fine. You said there is no wire connected to it. But have configured it as if there is a signal wire connected to it.///////ok i will set this as not configured,

Ideally you should connect a satellite signal wires to the two satellite tuners.
    Each tuner with a signal signal wire from teh sky dish should be configured as: simple, single, 28.2

ok so if i understand this right, the 2 cables i have connected to tuner B i should remove the cable from the rf out and connect that to turner C on the rf in.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thank you very much, it is now working perfect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast