Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ABM chat from "Hades 19" thread.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    In that case, you will need an xml.
    Maybe better to get used to the basics of the plugin you're using first though.
    It looks like your getting confused between the images built in ABM & the AB 28.2 plugin? trying to use files for one in the other?
    No I've stopped using ABM E2, the guys here convinced me to try ABM. The ABM readme says I need xml files. Any chance anyone could give me their xml file to help me see

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Montay View Post
    Any chance anyone could give me their xml file to help me see
    Every users custom file will obviously be different.
    What exactly are you trying to do? what regions are you scanning? are you using more than one provider?

Title
    Thanks
    Every users custom file will obviously be different.
    What exactly are you trying to do? what regions are you scanning? are you using more than one provider?
    I'm trying to scan Sky UK 28.2e and create a series of bouquets containing a specific list of channels in a specific list order. I also want the channels to be accessible by their Sky numbers. IE 503 for BBC News HD, etc.

Something like this....

News
    - BBC News HD
    - Sky News
    - CNN
    - Etc

Entertainment
    - BBC One HD
    - BBC Two HD
    - ITV HD
    - Channel 4 HD
    - Channel 5
    - Etc

I find the current sorting and list order to be all over the place and very confusing. For example BBC News HD is under documentaries. Sky News Arabia is under international and not under news. There are lots of examples like that.

I could use someone else's list as a base or template and modify it to do what I want

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You will most likely have to create your own custom xml. I highly doubt anyone has a file what you want. You will need to install notepad ++ on your computer to get started with. I'm happy with ABM as this mimics Sky's official lineup, i.e. BBC News HD is in documentaries on sky etc. Only you know what you want and unfortunately you'll have to create your own or create a faves list with all your fave channels. Dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Montay (08-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    I'm trying to scan Sky UK 28.2e and create a series of bouquets containing a specific list of channels in a specific list order. I also want the channels to be accessible by their Sky numbers. IE 503 for BBC News HD, etc.

Something like this....

News
    - BBC News HD
    - Sky News
    - CNN
    - Etc

Entertainment
    - BBC One HD
    - BBC Two HD
    - ITV HD
    - Channel 4 HD
    - Channel 5
    - Etc

I find the current sorting and list order to be all over the place and very confusing. For example BBC News HD is under documentaries. Sky News Arabia is under international and not under news. There are lots of examples like that.

I could use someone else's list as a base or template and modify it to do what I want
    Then its probably easier to setup your own bouquets with the DBE applicaion (it runs under Windows or linux (with Wine))
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Montay (08-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    But Montay has to realise he will have to manually update his channels whenever sky changes frequencies, whereas ABM looks after all that for him.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Montay (08-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I'm happy with ABM as this mimics Sky's official lineup, i.e. BBC News HD is in documentaries on sky etc
    There should be an option to swap BBC News with BBC News HD in the News bouquet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    But Montay has to realise he will have to manually update his channels whenever sky changes frequencies, whereas ABM looks after all that for him.
    I agree with you. This is why I want to use ABM so that updates to frequencies are taken care of. I guess one way of doing it is this...

- Stick to the default bouquets
    - Hide the bouquets I dont want
    - Add the channels I would delete to the blacklist and they wont get scanned into the bouquet

This would work well except the BBC Newd HD thing. This is why I liked ABM E2 because it swaps BBC News with BBC News HD in the News bouquet

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There should be an option to swap BBC News with BBC News HD in the News bouquet.
    I'm using the latest 28.2 providers xml file and have region set to CustomGranada and when I enable "swap channels", only BBC News HD shows in 'News' section of bouquet.

Is this what you're after?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This thread seems to be talking about swapping channels now rather than the "where is Hades 019" which it started with. So as a loyal user of ABM Custom bouquets, can I add a request to build in the Setanta sports HD for SD swap? Or is it even a swap (that was the SD for missing HD). Setanta HD now is there anyway (clears) but not at default 4NN number?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iwg View Post
    This thread seems to be talking about swapping channels now rather than the "where is Hades 019" which it started with. So as a loyal user of ABM Custom bouquets, can I add a request to build in the Setanta sports HD for SD swap? Or is it even a swap (that was the SD for missing HD). Setanta HD now is there anyway (clears) but not at default 4NN number?
    Take a look at this thread and look at post #15 or #84 for Sky UK xml file that you will need to ftp over to your receiver. All explained. > http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ad.php?t=46927

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    "London Custom" scan and "Setanta HD" is there at 460.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    This would work well except the BBC Newd HD thing. This is why I liked ABM E2 because it swaps BBC News with BBC News HD in the News bouquet
    Just turn on swap and BBC News HD will swap.

TBH, I can't think of a single bouquet creation option from AB E2 that can't be accomplished one way or another in ABM.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (08-08-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    No question is silly. (obviously talking about what is permitted).

If you look at the xml, you will find this

Code:

whitelist = ['ITV HD','ITV2 HD','ITV3 HD','ITV4 HD','ITV Encore HD',752,'RTE2 HD','BoxNation HD','BT Preview HD']
        whitelist_by_id = [3661,5032,3663,3141,3625,3629,3627,4040,5152,5153,5154,5382,5383,5384,5385,5386,5662,5663,3622,3623]
        blacklist = []
    I have added the whitelist section as an example of entries. If you wanted to block a channel, you wold enter the name or number. e.g

blacklist = [900, 901,'Television X']

This would block channel 900,901 and Television X. They would not be included in the ABM bouquets.
    Abu
    Been offline for a bit so thks for info.
    Last question (not really to do with ABM but...) - what are the blacklist and whitelist files in /etc/enigma2 used for?
    WW
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000
    T90 Wavefrontier 5W-1W-5E-13E-19E-28E, Old Lidl dish 28E

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by white_westie View Post
    Abu
    Been offline for a bit so thks for info.
    Last question (not really to do with ABM but...) - what are the blacklist and whitelist files in /etc/enigma2 used for?
    WW
    They are not part of ABM (as you mentioned), they are part of Enigma2. Not too sure, sorry.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

white_westie (10-08-15)

Hami
    It's included in the plugin.
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/Readme.txt

still unable to find this folder . where exactly can i find it on a zgemma . wreaking my head trying to find it for hours so as i can update the channel list

any help would be much appreciated

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast