Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Infinity Hub 5

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The synology definitely is opening ports, it only started after it auto updated to latest firmware.

Just closed 18 it opened
    Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tomthebomb1968; 15-08-15 at 00:37.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robsunited View Post
    Ftp'ing into the box is a nightmare. Since changing to the Hub 5 Filezilla takes an age to connect to the box. File transfers that used to take in the region of a half hour are now taking 2-4 hours to complete. Should have stayed with 'ordinary' broadband. Speed tests show I'm getting above BT's predicted upload and download speeds but on transferring with Filezilla the upload speed drops to around 60kib/s. Very disappointed in this part of things.
    Having had the SE connected wirelessly I decided today to go down the route of using powerlines. WOW!!!!! Lightning fast uploads and a much speedier box overall. Oh what I've been missing

Title
    Thanks

More info

Quote Originally Posted by tomthebomb1968 View Post
    The synology definitely is opening ports, it only started after it auto updated to latest firmware.

Just closed 18 it opened
    Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    If something is opening ports it is probably because you have UPnP enabled, it's safer to turn it off and just forward what you want.

Edit: Just been looking and it looks like synology use something that automatically configures your router for you if it's supported, maybe the latest update added support for your router? it's called EZ-Internet i would definitely look to disable it.
    Last edited by ArowonA; 19-08-15 at 17:08.

Title
    Thanks
    I've just had bt infinity installed and I've got to use the new home hub 5 can somebody pls tell me how to set it up for my vu+ duo as I've forgotten. Thank you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123