Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Cant see Lraizer's AutoBouqets E2

Title
    Thanks

Cant see Lraizer's AutoBouqets E2

I just ordered a VU+ Zero through WOS, its arrived and I'm setting it up. I've gone to Plugins > Download Plugins > Extensions but I cant see the AutoBouquetsMaker E2 plugin. It's not there. All I see where it should be is this...

antiscrollbar
    atmolightd
    audiosync
    bildonline

I had my Vu+ Zero box flashed to the latest OpenVix by WOS before delivery.

Title
    Thanks
    I forgot to add. I'm using OpenVix Hades, Release, 018

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    AutoBouquets 28.2 E2 (by Lraizer) is not on the plugin feeds owing to a typo. This has been fixed and should be in the next public build of image.

You can download teh ipk and install it if you want. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...28Satellite%29
    Or use AutoBouquetsMaker built into image

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Montay (29-07-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    AutoBouquets 28.2 E2 (by Lraizer) is not on the plugin feeds owing to a typo. This has been fixed and should be in the next public build of image.

You can download teh ipk and install it if you want. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...28Satellite%29
    Or use AutoBouquetsMaker built into image
    Thanks for your quick response. What's the difference between the built in one and the one by Larizer?

Also when is the new build with the fixed typo coming out?

Title
    Thanks
    The plugin will be the same as teh one I linked to. So when next image is released does not matter.

I suppose the main differences are:
    AB 28.2 uses piggy backs on any 28.2 service. If you are using ABM and have a single tuner, you will lose picture for about 25 seconds. If you have a twin tuner, this does not come into play. Or schedule it to run when not watching TV. ABM does not interrupt recordings.

AB 28.2 prints the channel number next to services.You will see screenshots by people where the numbers have doubled up. You can disable this.
    ABM does not print the numbers. However most images wil show numbers.
    Please note, key press for channel changes work on both plugins. i.e if you key in 101, it will take you to BBC one

AB 28.2 can be invoked by command line
    The ouput file of AB 28.2 is very use useful. It actually led to the birth of AutoPicons and subsequntly AUpcinomnager which was abandoned for SNPicons.
    AB 28.2 does teh symlinks for 28.2. This is only a benefit if you are using an image/skin that does not support SNPicons. Most do.

You can customise contents of bouquets on both plugins. AB 28.2 treats the main bouquet separate from the rest of it. ABM treates sections/bouquets the same. You can achieve the same thing with ABM by using favourites. I prefer the linear way AB 28.2 does things.

Although you can get Freesat, Sky RoI and Sky UK on both plugins. ABM treats the three differently. There is an outstanding bug that is due to be fixed soon for the RoI region when using AB 28.2.
    ABM allows you to unblock channels by Channel/EPG ID. This is useful for when channels change positions. But either way, updates are regular for both. Quicker on ABM
    ABM does more providers. Ther is also a cable version of Lraizer's plugin
    You can mix and match providers with ABM.
    ABM currently finishes in 25 odd seconds. AB 28.2 at under 50 seconds
    The core of AB 28.2 is only maintained by Lraizer ( little biits here and there done by myself). He has pressing demands on his time, so sometimes you wont see him for several months. There are several contributors/developers for ABM. Not many people do CPP.

Although I was involved in the testing of AB 28.2 and will continue to do the minor maintenance of it. I now use ABM instead of AB 28.2. AB 28.2 is customisable, is a brilliant plugin but ABM has surpassed it. ABM runs on PLI, OpenBlackhole and any OE-A team member's image. It also runs on the Amikos.

Some people make comments as if both plugins are pitted against each other. You will also here some remarks about Vix team stealing Lraizer's code. Lraizer clarified the falsehood of this notion on another forum. There is respect for Lraizer from the developers here. Some of his coding/approach was used to add to ABM, just like he made use of features from ABM. The benefits of opensource software is that people can share and improve.

Whichever plugin you use, when you have support issues, provide as much detail as you can. For ABM, attach debug log. For Ab 28.2, a screenshot of yoursettings page. More people use ABM on this forum than AB 28.2, so are likely to get more responses for ABM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Montay (29-07-15),Peterj (30-07-15),Willmoore (29-07-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the detailed explanation Baniaz. What I'm looking to do is to modify existing bouqets by removing certain channels that are surplus or wont be used.

For example BBC One isnt used as I only use BBC One HD. Or if I'm in the International bouqet I would only be wanting the Asian channels and not the others as I dont speak those languages.

I read what you said about favourites but wont favourites be problematic when channels change positions? I'd also like to block Adult, gaming, dating, cam girl channels etc which ABM E2 has an option fro but I didnt see in ABM E2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You can hide the the channels you do not want to appear in ABM.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Thanks
    In ABM, you can hide the bouquets (chanenls will still be there, but accessible in another manner).

You can also blacklist the channels that you don't want. There are two ways of doing so:
    A.Edit the blaclklist section of the xml. You just add the numbers you don't want to the section. May be an idea for you to make a copy of the xml and use that instead. Otherwise it will get overwritten on updates.
    B. You can use the custom mix file and add the delete lines.

N.B I'd be weary of removing the BBC One SD chanenl. The HD channel goes blannk during the news.

Another option to you, is to use teh afvourites.xml file wheer you can have teh chanenls you want in the order you want.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Montay (02-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Montay

Go Menu-Setup-Service Searching-AutoBouquetsMaker.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xymaxpayne32 For This Useful Post:

Montay (02-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Another option to you, is to use teh afvourites.xml file wheer you can have teh chanenls you want in the order you want.
    Is it possible to delete all bouquets and just have several custom named favourite folders. For example..

News
    Sports
    Kids
    Entertainment
    Movies

And what happens when channels in my favourites folder change position? Can I scan and get them back or do I have to edit the xml file? Ideally want I want to do is have custom bouqets folders with a limited number of channels in a specific order and have them auto update when channels change positions.

Is that possible with either ABM or ABM E2

Title
    Thanks
    AB 28.2
    AB 28.2 always makes the large first bouquet when using sort3.
    Using the sort method, you can place almost any channel in the bouqets you want. This is based on using the offcial number (LCN). (Supplement file is an override. Best to leave this out for sake of simplicity.)
    There are two ways you can leave the bouquets out:
    1. Delete the contents of the bouquet in teh sort file. You may end up with an N/A entry. Not tried it.
    2. Disable "Make default bouquets" (or similar wording). Using the remote, delete the unwanted bouquet. AB 28.2. This is subject to "unlinked bouquets" being off. Vix hs this as off by default. Pli hads it on by default, and last time I checked OpenATV still has a bug and is always on. This may have been fixed.

ABM
    There is crossover between the features in ABM. Favourites.xml is simplest in my view.
    You can specify what name/bouquets you want and the numbers you want.
    I have not quite figured out the way to ensure that key presses match the official number.

Both plugins use the LCN. You should not have to edit unless official channel number changes.

An anology which may help understanding....
    Dad says to his son. Go to the shed and bring the vice. Put the vice in the garden on the work bench.

Making this relevant to ABM....
    Which provider are you going to?
    Which channel are you bringing?
    Where do you want to bring this channel? (Depends on process. For custom mix, this would imply the name of mix file. For favourites, you can specify name)
    What position does this channel take?

Title
    Thanks
    AB 28.2
    AB 28.2 always makes the large first bouquet when using sort3.
    Using the sort method, you can place almost any channel in the bouqets you want. This is based on using the offcial number (LCN). (Supplement file is an override. Best to leave this out for sake of simplicity.)
    There are two ways you can leave the bouquets out:
    1. Delete the contents of the bouquet in teh sort file. You may end up with an N/A entry. Not tried it.
    2. Disable "Make default bouquets" (or similar wording). Using the remote, delete the unwanted bouquet. AB 28.2. This is subject to "unlinked bouquets" being off. Vix hs this as off by default. Pli hads it on by default, and last time I checked OpenATV still has a bug and is always on. This may have been fixed.

ABM
    There is crossover between the features in ABM. Favourites.xml is simplest in my view.
    You can specify what name/bouquets you want and the numbers you want.
    I have not quite figured out the way to ensure that key presses match the official number.

Both plugins use the LCN. You should not have to edit unless official channel number changes.

An anology which may help understanding....
    Dad says to his son. Go to the shed and bring the vice. Put the vice in the garden on the work bench.

Making this relevant to ABM....
    Which provider are you going to?
    Which channel are you bringing?
    Where do you want to bring this channel? (Depends on process. For custom mix, this would imply the name of mix file. For favourites, you can specify name)
    What position does this channel take?
    That sounds like what I want but I dont know how to work it, is there a read me file explaining how to do this.