Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 28.2e HD and cable mix

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

28.2e HD and cable mix

Hi i know this is a complete long shot but is there anyway or any swap file around that instead of having 2 sets of bouquets 1 for 28.2 and 1 for cable that will make 1 set of bouquets and replace the unavailable 28.2 HD channels with the available HD channels from a cable scan. so when i run autobouqet maker instead of giving me 2 bouquest it will just make the one and mix them together so i have movies all in hd , entertainment programes like sly1 and dave will be replaced with the hd versions from the cable instead of sat ect ect ect

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jasper1974 For This Useful Post:

IAmATeaf (07-12-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Yes, will require a bit of work on your part though.
    Have a look at /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/README.txt to get you started in the right direction.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

jasper1974 (12-07-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There was a file uploaded recently. Would need to be updated owing to the Sports reshuffle.

EDIT: File added here.
    Extract and place in the custom folder. /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/
    The file was composed based on using HD numbering. You must select a HD region for Sky UK.
    You must make ABM scan cable. You do not have to create the cable bouquets though.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 22-07-15 at 01:48. Reason: Added attachment here

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

dsayers (19-03-16),IAmATeaf (07-12-15),jasper1974 (12-07-15),MK (31-07-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    There was a file uploaded recently. Would need to be updated owing to the Sports reshuffle.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post357753
    @abu
    You are the man what more can i say your script worked a treat done exactly what i had wanted it to do.

Title
    Thanks
    That was not my xml

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That was not my xml
    Well who ever made that xml a mighty big thank you for it

@abu

Might not have been your xml but you pointed me in the direction i needed and thanks for that

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jasper1974 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (19-07-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys, I'm new to these boxes and was just wondering how you 'install' this custom mix file? how do I get to the custom folder and what is ABM?
    Thanks in advance, from the thread reply it looks like it's what I've been looking for.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ABM is the auto bouquet maker in menu/system/service search

Place the custom xml into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/
    Via ftp then set up ABM to do a 28.2e hd scan for your are and a also the cable area you are in and then it gives you the mixed sat and cable bouquets which is brilliant

Title
    Thanks

EDIT: File added here.
    Extract and place in the custom folder. /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/
    The file was composed based on using HD numbering. You must select a HD region for Sky UK.
    You must make ABM scan cable. You do not have to create the cable bouquets though.
    hi
    i try it but it did not work for me
    any help pls

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_foj View Post
    hi
    i try it but it did not work for me
    any help pls
    If you need help please follow the instructions in the support thread and then start your own thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...port-questions
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    What misleading info ????

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper1974 View Post
    What misleading info ????
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper1974 View Post
    you need to select the custom version of your region in ABM
    The file in post number #3 is for an HD area, not Custom.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    The file in post number #3 is for an HD area, not Custom.
    Not misleading at all in my opinion as i will explain when using the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

If you select say for (your area) HD you will get all the HD channels even the ones like Sly atlantic that cant be cleared even when suing the XML as VM Dont have all the HD channels

If you Select (your area) Custom with channel Swap on then you get all the HD Channels that clear via Sly and VM

After spending Hours on another thread with Abu Baniaz and yourself i have now made my own custom xml which i have put on the forum here which does work properly with the sky and VM HD channels correctly and it also gets rid of the duplicate SD channels from the "movie" and "sports" bouquets

So not misleading in the fact that when people do a scan they dont want to be left with channels in there bouquets which they will not be able to clear when another option (which was what i was pointing out) gives them the SD channels but then will replace with HD channels that are able to be cleared

Title
    Thanks
    @Jasper1974, as I mentioned that xml file was composed using the HD line up. It was made to inject the Cable equivalent of the HD channels into the Satellite HD position. Using the SD/custom lineup means that you are replacing the SD chanenls (where numbers are the same) If numbers are not the same, you are replacing another channel.

You may be happy to exclude/replace the SD satellite channels, others may not be.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @Jasper1974, as I mentioned that xml file was composed using the HD line up. It was made to inject the Cable equivalent of the HD channels into the Satellite HD position. Using the SD/custom lineup means that you are replacing the SD chanenls (where numbers are the same) If numbers are not the same, you are replacing another channel.

You may be happy to exclude/replace the SD satellite channels, others may not be.
    Agree with you 100% Abu my only point i was raising was that my quote was not misguiding it was perfectly valid and correct as the xml might have been made for the HD area but to get a better result you need to use the custom area as i explained in post #13

Considering this whole thread was about how to get ABM to insert Cable HD channels into unavailable HD sly channel Slots in the order to have a good mix with all available channels on show then i also am 100% right as for as far as i am aware sly atlantic HD is not available throught any other box except sly boxes so theres 0% need to have it replacing the sd version at 108

by doing it my way ive just simply swapped sd channels that are available in HD so i have all the channels and exluded the sd version as i have no need for them if i can clear them in HD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast