OK - doesn't look like there's much activity on the DM500 pages here, but I'm hoping someone can help.

I found my old DM500 which had a Gemini image on it. All the channels were working perfectly. I flashed the image manually to Commando 15 (via the cramfs.root in /VAR method).

The image flashed but doesn't appear to work/flashed properly (it took less than 30 secs to do so...should it take 15 mins?).

The Halo troopers appear (although they remain on the screen regardless of whether the box is on or in standby). I try to search for services but repeatedly receive "transponder failed" or "no channels found".

I've tried using DCC - but that repeatedly gives me "10057 error in function socket not found" (definitely using the correct IP address). I've also tried a null modem cable with DreamUp - but DreamUp remains on "Connection prepared. Switch Dreambox on" even though I switch on the dreambox.

I have access to the "yDBox" utility via my browser. In the "tools" menu there is the option to "flash" - and it says "image flashed successfully" - it doesn't really seem too...just has a spinning circle as if it is working.

At a bit of a loss - does anyone have any idea how I can resolve any of these issues?