Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No internet (different user)

Title
    Thanks
    Maybe its the hades image that is causing the issue? I will try a reflash today.

Every reboot causes my network to be lost. It only works if the box is fully powered down for around 15 minutes.

I will try Apollo

Cheers

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    No issues here with Hades 014.

You able to set your VM Hub to modem mode and test with another router?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    aha i have same box and from the start taking much much longer to get a network connection,reflashed today with hades 14,and could not get internet workingbrought box to router and used a short lan cable it connected,went in to scan my cable channels,still short and went to rescan again and got spinning vix image10 mins later i powered off at rear and could not get to autoscan cable re spinning vix.this happened before and was told to reflash=nope not worked.previous had cccam 2.30.

new image downloaded 1.38 and 2.30 kodidirect,epg refresh and stuck with no network now

new cables put in since last image,new lan cable 20 feet from box to router.
    network wizard cannot get internet working.
    i agree box is very hot much hotter than vu duo.
    unsure if i have a wifi usb to see if that works.
    router has been powered off as well as the box ,no joy.
    dhp always say yes

how long does a box take to get an ip address? other 5 sat boxes the odd time i lose connection but get them back in about 5 mins,over 1 hr trying different things to get the 8000 going.

i dont have vm as in ireland.
    Haven't had an ET8000 since Apollo was around, but always found that getting an IP address was pretty instantaneous and during that time I changed my main router (and supplier) with no issues.
    In fact the only issues I have ever had was with the ET10000 with 2 LAN connections..... A bit of a pain.

Taking 5 mins for a router to provide an IP address sounds like a serious (router)issue.
    Last edited by twol; 28-06-15 at 12:45.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    so over an hourunsure if its because its run off a broadband split has anything to with it.
    further checking done moved from apollo 166 to open pli and that had no connection after box rebooted,put hades 14 back on still no network,ok i knew apollo connected so reflashedno network connection with powered off box and router and network restarts.
    left box off for 1 hr and powered back up network wizard connected to lan?

Title
    Thanks
    sums my issue up pretty much. Im doubting it is my router as everything has worked perfectly until the introduction of the ET8000, pretty sure the box is faulty.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dazzlaa For This Useful Post:

cactikid (28-06-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    No issues here with Hades 014.

You able to set your VM Hub to modem mode and test with another router?
    yes, I will give that a go.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, I went to my parents house earlier and set up over there. My network worked fine there. Came home and no network. Factory reset my router and all was good again, I thought I had beat the issue, but I have just attempted a reboot and the network is gone again. Hmmph, seems the problem is my superhub, I'm just not sure why

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    is yours the early version as they had issues as sicilian says,try adding a router to your hub and try your lan in that,kryptview cable boxes had the same issue at one time with the super hub early version.
    i am not so lucky mine is off again

Title
    Thanks
    I have the latest superhub 2. Today, I have no network at all, and the power down trick has stopped working. I tried in modem mode, no change. I really am starting to think the box is the issue, and the fact it spring into life yesterday was just a freak coincidence

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzlaa View Post
    I have the latest superhub 2. Today, I have no network at all, and the power down trick has stopped working. I tried in modem mode, no change. I really am starting to think the box is the issue, and the fact it spring into life yesterday was just a freak coincidence
    So can you take it somewhere else pther than your parents andtest again?
    If it works at 2 places but not your home, then its likely an issue with your home lan.

Also mod the router to a range of say 100 addresses, set dhcp off in the ET8000 and a fixed IP of say 150 and see what happens. as most routers never reach any where near a xxx.yyy.zzz.100 you can probably get away without doing the 1st step, just fix the IP on the box.

I always run with fixed IP,s so that I always know which of my receivers I am talking to......
    Last edited by twol; 30-06-15 at 12:04.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    do you have any other spare router at home? If you have try just plugging it and then connect the receiver to it via LAN cable. It doesn't need to be connected to the phone/internet. Just see if you get an ip address from the DHCP server on the router.

Title
    Thanks
    The networks it worked on yesterday, no longer work today. In fact it just won't work on any network today. I have tried using modem mode, home plugged through to a dlink router, fixed IP addresses, dhcp off, it's giving me nothing today.

Over the last few days, it seemed to work when the box was cold, ie: after 15 mins power down. Today I am just getting N/A again in the network settings.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes i was asked to reflash with hades 14 from rear port and when powered up it got a connection box was off at rear switch and download plugins yes it did reboot gui and could still access plugins but if i do restart box its gone and network wizard confirms it.need other location to check further as asked.

Title
    Thanks
    I have now returned the box. The connection was too inconsistent for me. I checked on numerous networks with inconsistent results.
    Will await the outcome from WOS but I have asked for an exchange.

Thanks everyone for the help

Hope you get sorted cactikid

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dazzlaa For This Useful Post:

cactikid (02-07-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    one thing that worries me is how hot this box is in standby.
    how long have have you had the box as mine was the 17/05/2015 ?
    Last edited by cactikid; 02-07-15 at 22:54.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast