Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How can I reset the password?

Title
    Thanks

Question How can I reset the password?

Hi I've got a TM600 with the latest UR-SR image. This was all pre-loaded and setup by some local guy.
    Everything is working OK...but when I wanted to upload a custom channel list with DCC, or dreamset, or dreambox edit and I could not get in.
    I don't know the password...I contacted the guy but he tells me that he doesn't know or setup any password (To be honest I'm not sure if that's the truth )
    I tried all possible combinations that I read around forums and none of them work...

I read that using the plugin "tuxbox commander" I can reset the password.
    I don't think have this plugin installed as going with the yellow button it doesn't show, so I went to download and install
    but going via the blue planel (UR panel) I cannot find it anywhere...I'm running out of options.
    I need help please.

Thank you

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    try 4 0's....

Setup: Vu+ Duo, Orbital 90cm Dish, Technomate TM2600 Motor, Inverto twin LNB

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks. I tried that...didn't work.
    The guy who set this up also told me that he has setup everything, cccam, channel lists via web interface...is this possible? so he tells me that i don't need a password...(what a load of b******t, right?)

Went throught the list of add-ons to install (off course tuxbox commander is not there)
    would any of these help me reset the password?
    gbox suite
    gbox center
    dreamnetcast
    nabilo plugins
    gSub v2.06
    NewCS config tool
    HomeCS v2.4
    MV
    totalfootball14
    epgGUI 2.7

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    If you purchased this off a local guy already setup to get you cheap channels, its most likely he's changed the password to stop you ftp'ing into the receiver. (thats just my guess)
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    a factory reset is your only option
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    a factory reset is your only option
    If it was pre-set in any way he could loose his configs though.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    ok thanks. I'll wait until my subscription rans out and re-flash with a different image (any recomendations?)
    I heard that channel lists can be uploaded via the web interface? is so where about is this option?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    i leant this the hard way many moons ago and even have a thread started by me saying please set a pin on your box at time of initial setup as not doing so there is no way out short of a ful reset
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    Are you able to mount a network share from your PC? If you can do that, I have something you can try......except I'm in work at the moment and don't have the details.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi sonc,
    I think I can via "mount manager" however i need a bit of help to fill in the details. what do you have for me to try out?
    TJ

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Now I've had a chance to re-read this I'm not sure it will help in your case, as you need to be able to install the attached plugin.

It was written for dreambox, but your passwd file will also be in /etc so in theory it should work if you can get the plugin manually installed.

Hopefully you can do something with it.

Code:
    Here is how you can change the root password on dreambox even if Tuxbox is password protected or other methods fail:

Obviously if you don't have root access you won’t be able to FTP this plugin to the Dreambox. 
    The way around this is to mount a shared folder on your PC to the dreambox, then 
    do a manual plugin install on the box, browse to the mounted share and pick it up from there.

When you run the attached plugin "password_switcher", it replaces the passwd file 
    with one where 'dreambox' is the root password and stores the original elsewhere. 
    If you run it a second time it swaps back the old file, setting the password back to the one you don't know.

This is how set up a network mount for your folder with the plugin:

On your PC (See attached snapshots)

1. Create a folder somewhere on the PC. (Dont use any spaces in the name)
       2. Right Click the folder -> Select Properties -> Select the Sharing tab -> Tick 'Share this folder on the network' and if you want to write to it tick 'Allow network users to change my files'.
       3. Click 'Apply'

On the Dreambox (See attached snapshots)

1. Go to Blue Panel -> Extras / Setup -> Automount
       2. Press the yellow button to add a new share.
       3. Leave the mount point as 'nfs'.
       4. Change the Client IP to that of your PC.
       5. In the dropdown menu select 'cifs'
       6. In 'Client dir' enter the name of the folder you created earlier.
       7. Enter your PC username and password in the provided slots.
       8. Press the Green button to save.

You may have to press the green button a second time in the Auto mount main menu 'restart'.

The mounted folder will appear under /automount/nfs. 
    It wont appear in the plugins menu, but you can browse to the file and execute it 
    with tux commander.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks. I'll give it a try...what about using a USB stick and mount that? maybe that works.

Title
    Thanks
    have you tried technomate control centre to change the password. by default the password is blank when the box is new ur image does not have a password in it
    1. go into change password in technomate control centre
    2. put in local ip address of stb
    3. when asked to put in old password leave blank
    4. put in new password , will ask you twice for it
    5. if it says success you have changed it...... if it does not it has had a password put in from previous guy and needs new firmware by serial cable which will not ask for a password

Title
    Thanks
    Yes...I tried technomate control center but If I don't know the password I can't change it. I won't flash the receiver until my "subscribtion" finishes othewise I'll loose my custom settings.