Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: no sound on free transponders

Title
    Thanks

no sound on free transponders

some transponders do not give me a green channel - stereo when the audio button is pressed. no sound from em.. what makes that work?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Splicerman View Post
    some transponders do not give me a green channel - stereo when the audio button is pressed. no sound from em.. what makes that work?
    some lights do not give me an orange channel - audio when the green button is pressed. no sound from em.. wha up, eh?

Can you use real words & explain the issue properly please?
    Image used, build number, along with a proper explanation of your issue, might also be handy.
    Last edited by judge; 18-06-15 at 02:29.

Title
    Thanks
    you asked ....
    Setting up my Vu+Duo2 receiver to work in North america FTA. Its 2 motorized dishes. one C Band with a V box and one ku band with sg-600 motor on separate tuners.Edited the satellite file to split the birds into separate positions for tuning and that works well. I Have tried both Vix images and BH and currently using the latest BH image 2.1.6. and both work well, its just alot of work to reset it all. However resetting did not help.
    My problem is with audio. The audio button displays dolby- DTS down link setting. On/Off (red), Channel (green) if displayed- Stereo, and Menu (yellow) closed caption settings. The audio only works if the audio menu displays a (green) Channel with stereo. I have found some transponder setting were missing Pid and sid and apid in bouquets. Edit of the bouquets helps get one or two channels up but unless I get a stereo lock and a green Channel line in audio. no sound. I have both analog and digital inputs to audio amp, working. Works the same for HDMI or component a/v connections,
    Where or what controls the stereo lock for the audio signals?
    Last edited by Splicerman; 18-06-15 at 17:32.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If users are having to edit files to make the images work, that is not a good thing. The defaults should be correct/functional.

Can you point out what needed editing on this file so that other users do not have to edit it too.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-al...satellites.xml

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    one C Band with a V box and one ku band with sg-600 motor on separate tuners.Edited the satellite file to split the birds into separate positions for tuning
    If you use OpenViX that works fine for C-band and Ku without editing any files... and both bands can go on one tuner.

What is the most east satellite you are having audio problems on. I can't see past 58W, so something east of that that we can both try.
    Last edited by Huevos; 19-06-15 at 15:44.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Because I have 2 motorized dishes. I had to split the "C" & "KU" transponders on each satellite set and give them a new position. This allows me to have independent tuning for each dish for the same position on the clark belt.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Because I have 2 motorized dishes. I had to split the "C" & "KU" transponders on each satellite set and give them a new position. This allows me to have independent tuning for each dish for the same position on the clark belt.
    No sure what you mean. I've got C-band and Ku and don't need to edit any files to make it work. If you need to edit files your hardware is set up wrong.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    I have a dedicated 11 foot c band dish and a dedicated ku band 1 meter dish, each motorized differently. This duo 2 works nice with the positioning...Thats all working fine.

Title
    Thanks
    to make it work I had to edit the satellite file. The tuners conflicted each other untill I split the transponders up into separate freq sets with different position settings. My system would not let me have 2 tuner settings for the same satellite. It just hung up not knowing what to do...
    Last edited by Splicerman; 25-06-15 at 22:50.