Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Automatic tune fails and AutoBouquetMaker tuner lock

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

Question Automatic tune fails and AutoBouquetMaker tuner lock

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this and am having trouble setting up a TM-Nano 2 Super ([xxxxxxxx no links to other retailers]).

I have tried both openvix-Hades.012 and openvix-Apollo.166 (downloaded from http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=TM-Nano2-Super/).

I am in NW England and have a single fixed satellite dish connected to the receiver in "Line Input 1" (nothing connected to "Line Input 2").

"Tuner A" is set to:
    Configuration mode: Simple
    Mode: Single
    Satellite: 28.2 Astra
    DiSEqC: No

"Tuner B" is set to:
    Configuration mode: Not configured

Problems:
    1. I tried setting "Tuner A" satellite to automatic, but every time it tried to tune (for each satellite) it failed.
    2. I tried to use AutoBouquetMaker to scan for channels, but every time it says "Timeout for Tuner Lock" before finding anything.

To get a list of providers I set "Tuner A" satellite to Astra and then managed to find some channels (about 200 I think) with an automatic scan. Most of these channels have no signal (not scrambled, just won't pick up). There are also some sky channels, but not all of them (e.g. sky movies is missing).

The providers I have are: FreeSat, Sky ROI, and Sky UK.

I also have a Skybox F5, which works fine with my single fixed dish (using the same cable).

So I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what's wrong/how to fix it? I have tried the following:

1) Switch cable from "Line Input 1" to "Line Input 2" and set "Tuner A" to not configured and "Tuner B" to simple, single, Astra, no DiSEqC.
    2) Set "Tuner B" to loopthrough to "Tuner A"
    3) Set "Tuner B" to equal "Tuner A"
    4) Different combinations of providers (all 3, only Sky UK, etc).

I'm just completely stumped especially given how simple my setup is. I'm guessing it shouldn't matter if I use "Line Input 1" with "Tuner A" or "Line Input 2" with "Tuner B"?

Also I can FTP to the box fine, perhaps I could download a channel list? If so maybe someone could tell me what to download and where to put it?

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by Sicilian; 18-06-15 at 05:29. Reason: link removed.