OK in responding to another "JasonBastow22 issue" with the LCD skins, I flashed Hades 12 on both my ET8500's via USB to see if I could create the problem.(Note; I normally run a Vix build that is slightly different in some of the code )

On OpenVix Hades, once booted and past the Openvix boot screens, the setup wizard is incredibly difficult to process.
You cannot use the LCD screen as the Openvix default appears to be set to don't clone the TV screen, and the first intelligent screen (choose hdmi or YPbPr or scart) only appears for about 1 second on the TV! ... and if you miss it then you wait for the wizard to test all the other modes, before giving you another opportunity to set hdmi)

After the LCD screen flashes for about 5 secs, the next screen (choose video output mode eg 1080p or 720p) also appears for about 1 sec. on the TV.... meaning that you normally just have time to hit enter, requiring you to go into setup later to change the mode.

So with patience you can get through the wizard setup step, but for a Newbie it could prove immensely difficult. It does mean that you have to set off Clone TV once setup, so that you can use the LCD skins, but if you save your settings and then restore on subsequent image flashes it becomes a painless process.

I normally have the Clone TV screen (to the LCD) ON at this stage, so that I can respond to the messages without any need to wait for the TV screen. It is also incredibly fast and simple.

Can someone look at this issue which is ONLY ET8500 related.