Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Dual Tuner advice

Title
    Thanks

Dual Tuner advice

Hi

I am considering an imminent purchase of a new sat tuner, I have previously had analog, and echostar ad3600ip, Technomate 5400 and still have an old 6900Hd, all single tuners.

I have earmarked the TM-NANO-3T as my next receiver.

I know that Sly introduced twin tuners to allow recording and watching at the same time, same satellite....

My question (my lack of knowledge) is can you tune 2 satellites simultaneously, i.e. record from one, watch/record another channel on another satellite.

I have DVBViewer on a PC with 2 tuners I assume that it would do the above but I have not yet installed another dish to try it.

How does this effect channel lists, do you need 2, one for each tuner.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you can watch one and record another or record two channels, but only watch certain channels. more tuners (you can have 4 feeds), meaning record and watch multiple channels, depending on feeds from the LNB

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You can record from as many transponders as you have tuners. If you have two tuners, you can only record from two transponders. It may be the case that there are several channels that you want to watch/record/stream on the same transponder. I have managed about 10 for testing purposes.

What satellites do you want to view/record from?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks John

I don't understand your mention of 4 feeds.

I can currently record (TM6900HD) 2 channels and watch 1 based on all the channels being on the same transponder. (i.e. single tuner restrictions)

I understand if I have 2 tuners I can bring in 2 transponders (as sly receiver) so depending on the CPU power/speed of the receiver it may be possible to record multiple channels on each transponder, I have seen quotes of recording 4 or six channels (I think).

But if I have 2 feeds from different satellites can this TM-NANO-3T dual tuner receiver deal with this???

My position is I have a 1.2m dish (ancient Chaparral dish) driven from my TM6900HD via VBox , fitted with a modified sly quad LNB (converted to 120 flange mount).
    I have 2 feeds from this 1 to the TM6900HD and the other currently spare (was connected to the 5400 (relegated to my brothers garage))
    I also have a fixed 85cm 28.2 with quad feeding Pc and Spare.
    I have a multi LNB dish hanging on the fence unused that I would like to use with LNB switches, a project waiting for wall space. (second hand Wave Frontier T90)

My TM6900HD allows recording terrestrial and watching satellite.

I would like to both learn to use Linux based receivers and receive more satellites on one box, hopefully with the switches on the multi LNB dish.
    hence my query.

Chris
    Last edited by CellZapper; 07-06-15 at 20:17.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    All E2 receivers will deal with the multi dish setup. The 3T combo will record from two satellites and terrestrial tuner fine. The Combo/Terrestrail tuner is HD by the way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

CellZapper (07-06-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Abu Baniaz

That is what I needed to hear.

Chris