Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will TM Twin with Vix look the same as Vu+ & how can I control it from another room?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilvey View Post
    Rf output is excellent picture. Maybe not for you, but when set up correctly like mine then it's as good or if not better for SD through rf as it isn't intended for a hd output.
    Impossible. There is nothing to 'set up correctly'.
    RF = Composite video (modulated on RF) and that is the worst possible quality. Nothing can be changed about that.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

Will TM Twin with Vix look the same as Vu+ & how can I control it from anothe...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Impossible. There is nothing to 'set up correctly'.
    RF = Composite video (modulated on RF) and that is the worst possible quality. Nothing can be changed about that.
    I think he is referring to the distribution system being setup correctly, choosing the correct rf output channel so not to clash with other transmissions thus causing poor pictures.
    Yes you can get good pictures over rf, only downside is audio is in mono.

Sent by pressing the screen on 1 of my Apple devices, cuz that's how I roll..
    Last edited by TK4|2|1; 08-06-15 at 06:34.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If you find RF-picture quality to be acceptible, it is between the ears.
    Maybe on a small CRT TV you can't see the difference, but that's it.

Title
    Thanks
    Looks great going into my Samsung smart tv via rf in the bedroom. Rf also used for hd signals for freeview hd so it can't be that bad?

Title
    Thanks
    I have a tm twin, tm-2t and a vu solo2. The look and feel is exactly the same. The solo2 has a more powerful cpu and is much snapper around the menu's and channel changes. The reason I brought my Twin and TM-2T was because of the rf out capabilities which the VU+ receivers don't offer. I didn't want to have to plug in extra hardware to get Sat upstairs and into the kitchen as the the co-axial had already been set out into the walls.

I don't regret buying them and if I needed another receiver which needed rf out then I'd buy another. Hope this helps.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Looks great going into my Samsung smart tv via rf in the bedroom. Rf also used for hd signals for freeview hd so it can't be that bad?
    RF is the basis for all terrestrial and satellite signals. It is how the information is encoded onto the RF signal which determines the quality. Good widescreen PAL analogue signals encoded RGB would have the edge on lower-rate digital SD transmission. However, and it is big however - your TM box (or an older SKY box for that matter) is taking a low-quality colour signal (composite - not RGB video) and mono sound and modulating it onto an RF carrier for distribution around your home. This is the point Rob is making. It's the lowest quality of video (and no stereo sound) - only a notch above VHS video.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Well I'm running 2 tm boxes out into a triax mod which then sends all around the house with excellent picture and sound. In fact the graininess which is shown through hdmi on sdchannels is not present through the rf feed therefore making the Sd picture actually clearer. Each to their own. Was only offering my own observation of the actual box the op was referring too. Set up correctly the results are brilliant. I had to tweak the mod to get the picture bang on. If the op already has the rf feed already installed from a sky digibox he doesn't need to be shelling out £58 for an hdmi extender to view sd channels.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    It's the lowest quality of video (and no stereo sound) - only a notch above VHS video.
    Correct .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12