Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Show picon in recordings

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwestwood74 View Post
    Tried all the above and still not getting picon on second info screen just the NO Picon loaded
    @jwestwood74: Are you using Hades 12? Which second info screen are you referring - The recorded movies "EventView" OR Live TV "EventView"? I assume Picons are installed and that Picons are working on Main Infobar? If it is the Hades 12 version of the Confluence skin, you will have picons in the EPG and in the Channel List also.

I see from earlier post that you placed the "skin_user" file in the ViX1080 skins "common folder" - have you removed this skin_user file?

Are you using the skin_user file from post 7 with ViX Hades 12? If you are on Hades 11, then you need the skin_user file from post 3 above.

If these steps fail, please check your version of Hades and update to 12. Then and if necessary remove the Confluence skin altogether (including other 1080 skin varients - Vix 1080 and Vix 1080 Bello and Vix 1080 Confluence) and reinstall from the start - I say this becasue of what you posted re the common folder, as well as the edits made to the common xml of the skin.

I have tested the skin_user, and from everything @Willmoore says, he has also.

I have exhausted pretty much everything I can think of - I hope this last post helps. Good Luck

Title
    Thanks
    @sigpark

1: I am using hades 12
    2: i can see picons on the main info bar, EPG, Live eventview just not in the recorded movie eventview.
    3: Am using the xml file from post 7
    4: have now uninstalled all 1080 skins as i had confluence and bello both installed
    5: removed the XML in post 7 from common folder
    6: Reinstalled Confluence Skin
    7: Unzipped the file in post 7 leaving me with skin_user_ViXBMC_1080_Confluence.xml
    8: opened up Filezilla and ftped skin_user_ViXBMC_1080_Confluence.xml to ECT/Enigma2 where all the userbouquet files are
    9: Rebooted box and still not got picons on the recorded Eventview but like before have still got them in all the other views

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi @jwestwood74. I have to say "thanks" for trying all suggested - I realise it is frustrating and disruptive. It is just about the very best I can do. From all you say, I don't understand - you have taken all the correct steps it seems?

If you want to try something as part of "debug", you can take the skin_user file from post 3 which changes the behaviour of the screen "EventViewSimple". @Rossi updated his code in the Hades 12 release of Confluence, however the original file in post 3 should change the behaviour of the recorded EventView so that the picon works, but because @Rossi is using Panels now (based on EventViewSimple), that original mod will break the picon in the other EventView screens only, this will prove two things:

1. That the skin_user xml is being used or not
    2. Changing the code does have an impact on the skin behaviour

It is only a debug process.

Good news is that @Rossi will update the Confluence skin to enable this feature shortly, thus making the "mod/fix" redundant.
    Best I can do with the info you supplied. Good Luck

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    it doenst work fully

press ok twice on the recording, no picon
    press info watching recording, picon.
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    it doenst work fully

I have not edited anything and mine behaved like that.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    it doenst work fully

I have a Vu+ Solo2, so with my remote and no skin user file for Confluence skin

1. Press OK once on recording asks to play movie, second OK is to start or resume the movie recording
    2. When movie playing first OK brings infobar with "recording" info and the picon is fine, second OK brings "EventView" screen with "No Picon Loaded" as in post 3 of this thread
    3. When in movie selection (recording) not playing, One press of EPG button brings up EventView screen with "No Picon Loaded", second EPG press brings up IMDB EventView

With the skin_user mod in post 7 loaded, every press combination above I get a picon. I actually downloaded the skin_user from the post 7 just now to validate, installed to folder and selected Confluence skin over You-Vix Blue I was using tonight - all works, so I am baffled!

Perhaps we should wait for @Rossi's next release - he is the author. Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @abu baniaz - could you try second "info" watching recording please?

Title
    Thanks
    all you need to do is put the new simplelivetv panel code into eventview and then change infobareventview panel to eventview.
    theres no need for that new panel simplelivetv.

either way, it doenst fully function, with the buttons on my mutant remote. both types of eventview screen are used within movieplayer.

Title
    Thanks
    Doesnt work for me either.

Title
    Thanks
    Update --- it doesnt work when I press the 'i' button on my ET9000 remote (no picon loaded). however press 'ok' once and it is there on the bar press it again, and it shows up on the screen where the I button shows a no picon loaded .

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    all you need to do is put the new simplelivetv panel code into eventview and then change infobareventview panel to eventview.
    theres no need for that new panel simplelivetv.

either way, it doenst fully function, with the buttons on my mutant remote. both types of eventview screen are used within movieplayer.
    @Rossi I agree, but the release in Hades 12 contained a change so that "EventView" screen became a screen with a "panel" of "EventViewSimple". I thought to use the same format because the "InfoBarEventView" screen also required the same code as the "EventView" screen, i.e. in the latest Hades 12 release the "InfoBarEventView" screen too used the "EventViewSimple" panel, and there is a need to reference picons differently for Recordings and Live TV, as I am honestly sure you know because of the huge variety of great skins you have created - so apologies....

I believe:
    Picon for Recording is <convert type="MovieReference">Reference</convert>
    Picon for Live TV is <convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>

and this is the root of the problem I believe. I suspect that when you solve this you will create a "panel" for each of the picon requirements, and remove the picon code from the "EventViewSimple" screen, creating "EventView" and "InfoBarEventView" screens with the EventViewSimple and Picon Panel combi.

Unfortunately I only have a VU+ Solo2 to test on. Thanks and much appreciation again @Rossi
    Last edited by sigpark; 11-06-15 at 23:23.

Title
    Thanks
    yes the references are correct, this isnt the problem.

the problem is both types of eventview screens are being used within movie playback.

EventView and EventViewSimple.

ok button twice uses EventViewSimple
    Info button uses EventView

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks @FlyingPig - see post #3 in this thread - that is the problem you are seeing I think.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes the references are correct, this isnt the problem.

the problem is both types of eventview screens are being used within movie playback.

EventView and EventViewSimple.

ok button twice uses EventViewSimple
    Info button uses EventView
    @Rossi we agree, and that is why I have tried to make panels to cater for screens of both scenarios. The mods in skin_user work on my Vu+ solo2 - can post the screen shots, but I think you belive they will all contain a picon. Anyway, you are the guru, and so over to you - Sorry

Title
    Thanks
    the vu remote doesnt have an info button does it?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

sigpark (11-06-15)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast