Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Increasingly unresponsive and misbehaving Ultimo

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    parkher

Increasingly unresponsive and misbehaving Ultimo

I wonder if anyone had similar issues.

It all began on Friday when the internet connection was interrupted both for Ultimo and for Duo2 and for the PC, etc, - the whole lan.
    I suspected the ISP and then the router/modem and the switch. Turns out, the culprit was Ultimo. When Ultimo is switched off - the internet is working again.
    Then the same day I found out that my internal hard drive on Ultimo is empty. At that point I ran a file system check (probably I should not have) - it created missing directories, and what else?
    I also noticed that after switching to a different channel it is no longer decrypted. And the response to the remote buttons is very slow - 2-3 seconds at best.

Anyway, I disconnected the (empty?- hopefully not?) internal hard drive - it did not help. So this unresponsiveness was not caused by the hard drive.
    Then I noticed that the heatsink on the CPU is very hot. So I thought my Ultimo is toasted - using more and more current and generating more and more heat and that in turn causes more and more current to be used, etc.

But now I am told that it is normal for the heatsink to be hot.
    I now am inclined to believe it. The receiver again became unresponsive to remote (Still showing Rafa with Nola perfectly, though). I tried to get into it through telnet - no such luck.

So I switched it off and rebooted immediately - it had no time to cool off. It is working ok, even though still hot. So it proves, that the problem is not the heat, I think.
    BTW, currently the box is open but the AC is set to 18 degrees Celsius and it is blowing directly into Ultimo

Currently I am trying to see what is going on with top command via telnet.
    There has to be a cpu or memory leak?

I see, for example, that initially, while everything is still OK, enigma2 is using 30% of memory and about 3-4% of CPU, mgcamd: 2% of memory, 7-8% of CPU.
    I will see how it looks in 2-3 hours.
    Last edited by parkher; 03-06-15 at 16:59.