Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New custom features in ABM!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

New custom features in ABM!

Looking to create an ABM maintained Freesat FTA bouquet listing, and have some questions

1) If I want to remove a few channels i.e. not have them appear in the all channel listing or the non indexed bouquet, do I need to use the full version of my renamed generated EXAMPLE custom lsn file and just delete the channels I don't want and then rescan?

2) If I want to change the order of the channels in the standard bouquets, do I use the renumber lcn option with a full customlcn file to get the order I want?

3) If I want to add in some extra channels from the non indexed bouquet to the standard bouquets i.e. Entertainment, Music, should I use the channels_to_add{} list in the provider file (uses channel names), or should I use the newer my_favourites{} list (uses channel numbers) in a modified provider file!
    e.g.want to add some of the fta music channels to the freesat music bouquet

From reading some of postings on ABM, I'm not sure if using a full customlcn is the way to go!

Any comments?
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000
    T90 Wavefrontier 5W-1W-5E-13E-19E-28E, Old Lidl dish 28E

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    To delete channels use CustomMix. You may have to wait for the next update to use that feature.

You can use CustomLCN or CustomMix to move channels. You only need a partial list.

Extra channels dont have a logical channel number (LCN) so can't be moved reliably. That list is alphabetic. If any channel gets added further up the list all channels below it will change number.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    To delete channels use CustomMix. You may have to wait for the next update to use that feature.

You can use CustomLCN or CustomMix to move channels. You only need a partial list.

Extra channels dont have a logical channel number (LCN) so can't be moved reliably. That list is alphabetic. If any channel gets added further up the list all channels below it will change number.
    Thks for quick response Heuvos, i can see from your latest commits your are busy....keep up the good work.

Last question re the extra channels - so they are just a sorted channel list which are assigned sequential numbers by the code starting from 1050! Could I use the channels_to_add{} list and associated code in the servicehacks section of the provider file to include channels based on name?
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Yes, but the changes will be lost every time the providers file is updated.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

white_westie (26-05-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Will use my own provider file, so not a problem - just need to keep an eye out for provider file changes.
    Keep up the good work.
    CT ET9000, Xtrend ET4000