Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoBouquetsMaker showing BBC2 SD instead of HD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    It replicates the offical list. If you have a HD sky receiver and using a card registered in London, the numbers will be as it has produced them. If you want to swap them, say yes to the question about swapping. They will then always be swapped.
    I don't understand. Does AutobouquetsMaker update the channel numbers or not? As far as I know, it does NOT update the channel numbers which would explain why after changing the following settings and doing a scan that it's still showing BBC2 SD instead of the HD channel:

Sky UK (SD): Yes
    Sky UK: Swap channels: Yes

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Where are you looking? In the All Channels Bouquet? This is where the swap will be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    It's showing BBC2 HD under All Channels. So why is it still showing the SD channel under the "Entertainment" custom bouquet? Do I need to restart my box for it to work?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The version of ABM you are using only swaps in the main bouquet. Latest one swaps everywhere.

Title
    Thanks
    Thats how it was with the Apollo build. If you updated to latest ViX (Hades 010) the swap is enabled throughout all the Bouquets, its a new feature in Hades. Also you mentioned it was a chore to keep up to date? Once you are on the latest build, you can update via the menu (software updates) and that is really simple to use and update, takes a few minutes, no chore at all imo.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Thats how it was with the Apollo build. If you updated to latest ViX (Hades 010) the swap is enabled throughout all the Bouquets, its a new feature in Hades. Also you mentioned it was a chore to keep up to date? Once you are on the latest build, you can update via the menu (software updates) and that is really simple to use and update, takes a few minutes, no chore at all imo.

Yes but I would still need to check all the menus for new settings and such wouldn't I?

Does it give a clean install?

Does it only update minor verisons? What about moving from Apollo to Hades. Will it upgrade that or do I need to install manually?
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    The version of ABM you are using only swaps in the main bouquet. Latest one swaps everywhere.
    Let me guess, I have to install the latest image to get that functionality?

Abu, could you please answer this question:

As far as I know, AutobouquetsMaker does NOT update the channel numbers. I used BlackHole and the Autobouquets plugin and was told it did NOT update the channel numbers, only the frequencies so I assume the same is true with AutoBouquetsMaker?

Title
    Thanks
    Yes ABM mimics sky numbering and updates accordingly. And yes to benefit all the new ABM features you need to update to Hades.

Title
    Thanks
    There is no numbering on E2 receivers. The numbers are dynamic and based on the order that the Channels/Bouquets are loaded at startup (or if done later on too).

If you mean to ask "why does pressing 301 not take me to Sky premiere?" etc, it is probably becasue of the order in which you have your providers set in ABM. You mentioned Freesat, I'm guessing that is the first one in your list of providers, so the numbering is based on Freesat. In the ABM menu, there is a providers order menu. Set that to have Sky first.

Title
    Thanks
    No what I mean is that Sky themselves change the channel numbers sometimes. I was told that Autobouquets does NOT update the channel number so it will show the wrong channel if Sky change the channel numbers. And that I would have to enter the new channel number manually in Autobouquets. Is that no longer the case and AutobouquetsMaker automatically updates the channel numbers?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    No what I mean is that Sky themselves change the channel numbers sometimes. I was told that Autobouquets does NOT update the channel number so it will show the wrong channel if Sky change the channel numbers. And that I would have to enter the new channel number manually in Autobouquets. Is that no longer the case and AutobouquetsMaker automatically updates the channel numbers?
    Yes ABM does update accordingly when sky moves channels/numbering, thus ABM mimicking the sky numbering. I would personally update to Hades and I would get rid of freesat and just have Sky. Sky SD is no more on Hades, all you need to do is use the RegionCustom option, so in your instance you would choose CustomLondon when setting up ABM.

Title
    Thanks
    It has alraedy been mentioned to you that ABM makes the channels/bouquets as per the offfical channel list. So if the position of a channel changes, abm will also adapt it. It uses the same data as what the official receiver uses.

What complicates the matter is that you are using customLCN. This moves things out of position and breaks the process for the ones you have changed

Whoever told you that ABM (or AB 28.2) does not take into account the changes to numbers is mistaken. If that was the case, they would not pick up new channels either. They have always taken into account the changes.

Title
    Thanks
    I've installed Hades 010. Autobouquets is now showing BBC2 HD. However now it's showing BBC Four HD instead of Sky Sports F1 HD even though on the official Sky box the channel is 407 and I entered that number in AutobouquetsMaker. Any suggestions?

Title
    Thanks
    Are you using a custom lcn file?

Title
    Thanks
    Yes the file is called: hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml
    Here is the contents:

<custom>
    <include>yes</include>
    <lcnlist>
    <configuration lcn="101" channelnumber="141" description="BBC One HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="102" channelnumber="102" description="BBC Two HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="103" channelnumber="178" description="ITV HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="104" channelnumber="227" description="Channel 4 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="105" channelnumber="145" description="Challenge"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="106" channelnumber="402" description="Sky Sports 1 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="107" channelnumber="403" description="Sky Sports 2 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="108" channelnumber="404" description="Sky Sports 3 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="109" channelnumber="405" description="Sky Sports 4 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="110" channelnumber="406" description="Sky Sports 5 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="111" channelnumber="210" description="BBC Three HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="112" channelnumber="410" description="Eurosport HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="113" channelnumber="411" description="Eurosport 2 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="114" channelnumber="120" description="ITV4 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="115" channelnumber="447" description="MOTORS TV UK"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="116" channelnumber="407" description="Sky Spts F1 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="117" channelnumber="426" description="BT Sport 1 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="118" channelnumber="427" description="BT Sport 2 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="119" channelnumber="433" description="ESPN HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="120" channelnumber="268" description="ITV4"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="121" channelnumber="980" description="BBC RB 1"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="122" channelnumber="451" description="Sky Sports F1"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="123" channelnumber="505" description="CNBC"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="124" channelnumber="164" description="Challenge+1"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="125" channelnumber="118" description="ITV2 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="126" channelnumber="136" description="E4 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="127" channelnumber="171" description="Channel 5 HD"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="128" channelnumber="176" description="5*"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="129" channelnumber="432" description="Racing UK"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="130" channelnumber="182" description="BEN"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="131" channelnumber="232" description="AIT Int'l"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="132" channelnumber="237" description="FilmOn.TV"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="133" channelnumber="252" description="?TV"></configuration>
    <configuration lcn="134" channelnumber="266" description="BnanzaBnanza"></configuration>
    </lcnlist>
    </custom>

Title
    Thanks
    Did you not setup ABM using "CustomRegion" and enabled swap like I asked yesterday?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast