Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GigaBlue Quad Plus (with OpenVIX) keep deleting my recordings

noxios
    Ok *abu
    Now that you tell me that I will stop, anyway I didn’t ever see the point on do it I just wanted to start a clean installation
    By the way, is it possible to mount an already initialise HDD in other diferent firmware? And why the hell did the box erased the desktop of a PC when I just mounted? Any idea on that? For being honest with you, at this point I'm afraid to connect an external HDD full of films on it, because I think it will do the same and erase the disk!!!

*judge
    This is the result that you asked me to post, please inform is all this ok in your opinion ?
    Thanks

Welcome to OpenViX for gbquadplus
    openvix Hades gbquadplus

gbquadplus login: root
    Last login: Mon May 18 19:51:09 CEST 2015 on pts/1
    root@gbquadplus:~# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    ubi0:rootfs 433.1M 83.5M 349.6M 19% /
    devtmpfs 279.1M 4.0K 279.1M 0% /dev
    tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
    /dev/sda1 465.6G 838.3M 463.8G 0% /media/hdd
    tmpfs 279.2M 284.0K 278.9M 0% /var/volatile
    root@gbquadplus:~#
    Last edited by noxios; 18-05-15 at 19:08.

Title
    Thanks
    Do you have any ports forwarded on your router to allow remote access to the box?

If so someone could delete recordings via the openwebif interface.

noxios
    Yes I do have open ports for transcoding
    But how the hell people know when I record something because it’s all the recordings that disappear almost all just after recording is finished.
    Example today I tested again and I left 2 recordings going and when I go to the box to see the result (puff!!! the same crap) disappeared the recordings and the movie folder once again
    I recorded 2 channels using both tuners (and one tuner is forwarded to the other (not a real coaxial cable) but I don’t think that could be the reason.

Returning to your idea the people in the other side then should be paying attention to my machine 24 h a day because I record at any time!!! Therefore I doubt that could be the explanation …

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noxios View Post
    Yes I do have open ports for transcoding
    But how the hell people know when I record something because it’s all the recordings that disappear almost all just after recording is finished.
    Example today I tested again and I left 2 recordings going and when I go to the box to see the result (puff!!! the same crap) disappeared the recordings and the movie folder once again
    I recorded 2 channels using both tuners (and one tuner is forwarded to the other (not a real coaxial cable) but I don’t think that could be the reason.

Returning to your idea the people in the other side then should be paying attention to my machine 24 h a day because I record at any time!!! Therefore I doubt that could be the explanation …
    Disconnect your router from box and record an freeview channel see if that deletes if so rules out, remote access, also try recording then stopping after a couple of mins see if that makes a diffeence

noxios
    What? Do u think it's the hacking stuff the reason? Well I will do that however I’m on Hispasat and I'm not sure there is free channels there but, I will do my best to try that option
    Last edited by noxios; 18-05-15 at 23:38.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    What? Do u think it's the hacking stuff the reason? Well I will do that however I’m on Hispasat and I'm not sure there is free channels there but, I will do my best to try that option
    Your box is fully open to anyone who does a simple goole search.
    While you leave it that way, it's pretty hard to even attempt to provide any support.

noxios
    Howww... that shouldn’t be the reason, but after all this advises ill return to the "block", I just opened the box because I receive the channels at work by phone (by transcoding)... but if you say that it could be one reason (or the reason) for this issue then I can live without the transcoding to outside ... starting tomorrow I will (re)block the box again.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You are jumping to conclusions.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Ok *abu
    Now that you tell me that I will stop, anyway I didn’t ever see the point on do it I just wanted to start a clean installation
    The installation doesn't go to the HDD - it goes onto the internal flash. So a reflash of the image (from a download) will be a clean installation.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Howww... that shouldn’t be the reason, but after all this advises ill return to the "block", I just opened the box because I receive the channels at work by phone (by transcoding)... but if you say that it could be one reason (or the reason) for this issue then I can live without the transcoding to outside ... starting tomorrow I will (re)block the box again.
    Because anyone can control your box now.
    Might not be the issue but hard to tell as you've given everyone access to the box.

noxios
    *birdman
    I already did clean installations (with 3 different firmware) 7 or 8 times for being more exact with the same result (the recordings disappeared at some point) and even the folder movies gone sometimes (not always)
    yesterday I put the machine to record again with the timer and today it was still there but I don't trust this "calm" because before I already kept recordings for a while and suddenly they all disappeared even some that I transferred from the USB stick to disk have gone and some more from the Dreambox disk also... they all disappeared at some point...

*judge
    Ok the box is "closed" again by the router (not even I can access it from outside) I already tested at work.
    you asked me this data from the box :

Welcome to OpenViX for gbquadplus
    openvix Hades gbquadplus

gbquadplus login: root
    Last login: Mon May 18 19:51:09 CEST 2015 on pts/1
    root@gbquadplus:~# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    ubi0:rootfs 433.1M 83.5M 349.6M 19% /
    devtmpfs 279.1M 4.0K 279.1M 0% /dev
    tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
    tmpfs 279.2M 284.0K 278.9M 0% /var/volatile
    root@gbquadplus:~#

Is this data relevant? Does this tell you anything isn't supposed to be ok after a clean installation? All this configurations.
    By the way this doesn't show the "movies" folder but the direction in the movies recordings refer to it... I’m lost!!! Does this only says it is mounted the HDD?
    Last edited by noxios; 19-05-15 at 18:51.

Title
    Thanks
    Hmmm....but you also mention a USB stick, which isn't showing up there at the moment.
    Now, if your box is anything like mine then if you do insert a USB stick and reboot you may find that the USB stick gets mounted as /media/hdd with the HDD ending up as /media/sda1 (or similar). The result of this would be that /media/hdd/movie would no longer exist (well, it would exist, but not under that name - it would be /media/sda1/movie).
    I fixed this for me by using the Mount Manager (Setup->Vix->Mount Manager) to specifically configure the mount locations for my USB stick and HDD. (so they are now mounted by the UUID of the file-system on them, rather than by the device name - which can depend on who answers first during the device scan).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

13. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-05-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There was a commit to aid the external USB/Internal HDD mount issue a few days back. Best to update to Hades 10 if not already done.

noxios
    * birdman
    Thank you for this information, as far as I could understand you are telling me the problem lay then in correctly specify de mounting devices.
    No the USB is no longer there I took it out because I thought it was the USB that demanded too much power from the machine in addition to the HDD.

Question: with all this memory in the box do you think is a good idea having a USB just for a swap purpose? Or does this box do well without it? If so I don’t see any point in using a USB anymore

*abu
    Ok I will do the upgrade, or even better an all “fresh” new install with the Hades 10
    Last edited by noxios; 20-05-15 at 08:36.

Title
    Thanks
    * birdman
    Thank you for this information, as far as I could understand you are telling me the problem lay then in correctly specify de mounting devices.
    No. I'm telling you that this is a possibility - not that it is definitely what you are seeing.

Question: with all this memory in the box do you think is a good idea having a USB just for a swap purpose? Or does this box do well without it? If so I don’t see any point in using a USB anymore.
    Memory (RAM) has nothing to do with it. That gets cleared when you power off.
    The flash memory would be too slow for a swapfile (best place for that, if you want one, would be on the HDD) - and also gets wiped completely on a reflash, so you wouldn't want to use that for anything you wish to keep - such as backups.
    The HDD will spin down when not in use, so you wouldn't want to use that for storing picons (if you use them) as that would make EPG displays slow to start up. They are best kept on a USB stick (the backups and epg cache can go there too).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast