Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GigaBlue Quad Plus (with OpenVIX) keep deleting my recordings

noxios

Lightbulb GigaBlue Quad Plus (with OpenVIX) keep deleting my recordings

Hello
    I have a big problem with my GigaBlue Quad Plus (with OpenVIX) because it keeps deleting my recordings.
    I already changed the internal disk (because I thought it could be an internal disk malfunction, and also tried others images (but the one I like most is openVIX) but the problem persists, therefore I'm here asking to someone with more experience than I to help me solving this issue with my box.
    I used to had a dreambox 800HDpvr and had no such problems.

Kind regards

JG
    Last edited by noxios; 17-05-15 at 20:58.

Title
    Thanks
    What version of vix are you running, have you mounted HDD in mount manager, also have you checked in trashcan, location, I'm using latest vix and have no problems with recordings

noxios
    Well thank you for answering to my help request.
    I have the last version of openVIX Hades 0.8 i guess, and I also mounted both HDD (one at a time) after installing them, trash can is empty always, owww and by the way this is not all, when I connect the GBlue with NFS and connect to PC the shares in the PC also get wiped out (last time erased my wife desktop (it was shared).
    Very strange machine this is, in fact I’m already kind of disappointed with it...

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    it sounds like the way you have network mounts set up, if you set them up wrong you can delete every thing if you are not careful

Title
    Thanks
    That is weird, yes I'm quite disappointed myself I'm only getting these problems with vix so it is image related and I'm sure the programmers will be on to it, have you tryed vix Apollo 166, or openatv

noxios
    Yes I started with Apollo 166 and jumped for hades 08 before I can’t tell if I had this problem or not because I used a USB stick (and with it was ok) the problems started when I inserted an HDD.

* nsw9154
    Have you some advice concerning the correct way to mount the network, in fact just to "enter" in the network because it was already mounted before the GBlue have arrived and begun to spoil things.
    My solution was to uninstall the NFS server from GB (drastic solution but worked)
    I noticed when I mount anything even the internal shares of GBlue it erases the mounted share it was like that how it erased the desktop of a PC as explained before
    Last edited by noxios; 17-05-15 at 22:22.

Title
    Thanks
    Im not to sure about mounting network iv never had to do anything like that sorry i cant help

noxios
    Well... *casuk thank you for your help it was appreciated
    ...and at least I know now the problem of recording and the machine deleting the recordings automatically is not a general problem (I guess it is related with mounts...) I don’t know!!! the funny thing is I already flashed the box several times and it is always the same keeps deleting my recordings, by default it should be ok and not delete them but, it does.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noxios View Post
    I know now the problem of recording and the machine deleting the recordings automatically is not a general problem
    The box isn't deleting your recordings unless you're running out of HDD space. Can you telenet into the box & issue
    Code:
    df -h
    and paste the results here.
    It's more than likely that your mounts aren't set-up correctly.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Have you been "initialising" your HDD?

noxios
    Thank you *judge for your help on this issue I will do that tonight

1st HDD have 500GB (it is the one inside at this moment, and keeps getting empty)
    2nd HDD I inserted (just to confirm it wasn't a hard disk malfunction) with 320GB ended with the same result, therefore I reinstalled the one with 500GB
    +1 USB with 16 GB (at first, now I just have the HDD, because i started to think the energy demanded could be the main reason, but the issue continue sometimes it deletes the recordings at the end (I cant tell, just see in next day), sometimes just after rebooting, and even the folder with the recordings get deleted.

Owww one more thing, the timer report always it started and finished well the recordings.
    Last edited by noxios; 18-05-15 at 13:02.

noxios
    Yes *abu baniaz, several times because this issue is not recent to me (I already tried all that I could and think off to fix this issue with no joy).

Title
    Thanks
    Initialise = format. Don't keep doing it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

noxios
    Yes *abu, I do know that but each time I change the firmware I think is the best to do and I already changed the firmware 7 or 8 times lately

Title
    Thanks
    It is not the best thing to do, you dont have to do it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast