Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No weather

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

No weather

Hi, for over a week now I have a blank LCD when my screen is in standby, it used to display a 2 day weather forecast, I havnt changed anything it just stopped working, I have been into the config plugin and the weather is still activated for standby, has the feed changed, does anybody else have in info on the weather add on? Thanks.
    P.s. Screen works as it always has during live tv and media playback.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Anybody with a duo2 care to try the weather screen incase it is a bug?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    DaMacFunkin... I think there's an issue here... I've spotted a few crashlogs recently for L4L which suggests something is different than expected with the results returned from the weather query. I'll take a look to see if I can work out whats going on and put in fix!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Just for ref... heres's the LCD4L crash log I'm seeing...don't trust my line numbers though!

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux/plugin.py", line 4023, in run
        para[0](para[1],para[2],para[3])
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux/plugin.py", line 9147, in putWetter
        if int(Regen.replace("%","")) >= int(LCD4linux.WetterRainColor2use.value):
    ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I wonder if this is something caused as part of the re-setup when moving to hades (I just imported my L4L settings).
    I'm waiting for my next crash to see if anything shows.

Does your L4L crash?
    Do you get the yellow quarter circle?
    Is there a crash log in /tmp on the box you can post here?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    DaMacFunkin - I got the crash again last night but hadn't got the debug log turned on - I've turned this on and diverted it to the HDD so I don't fill the internal flash so if it happens again, I should hopefully be able to work out why.

Are you getting a crash in LCD4Linux?

Do you see/ have the yellow crash corner turned on, or do you a crash log in /tmp (you can also see this from the webif lcd4linux config screens).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry I didn't spot you had replied to my post pembo, I actually think lcd4linux might crash as it doesn't display a red icon during recording whilst in standby, if I had to nail it it stopped working after the first time I flashed Hades, just to check I restored a full backup of Apollo 154 and it still didn't work that's why I didn't want to blame it on hades but that is dego when it stopped, I will have to check if there is a log when I get home, will it generate its own log or will I have to turn debug on?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello my lcd4linux isn't crashing I can get it display something in standby, just not the weather, in global options the main choice for weather just says msn, I don't remember it saying that before, and how does the plugin know the man address, it isn't listed anywhere... Confused.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    turn on the extensive log in the config screen (I use open webif)... try to setup the weather and give it 10 mins then see if it appears, if not post the log.
    also - be sure to turn off the log after 10 mins, or divert it via a sym link to a file on the Hd as it goes to /tmp which is on the internal flash, and i'd hate for it to fill your flash!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Mine crashes pretty much every night trying to update the weather for some reason - i'm still trying to investigate this but it's painful as I need to wait each day!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I think I might have fixed the crash I'm getting. It looks like it has an issue when there is no rain (something must have changed in the openweatherapi) as it tries to change the colour depending on the value and when there is none, it bombs out. I've put a change in that I'll leave testing to see if it resolves the issue...

No rain - lol... probably why I've not noticed the crash before!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pembo View Post
    No rain - lol... probably why I've not noticed the crash before!
    That's exactly what I thought. Particularly living in Scotland!

I've also been having these issues (missing weather icons and yellow crash flag). It took me long enough to work out that the yellow flag was a crash indicator! I don't seem to have missing weather icons any longer, but still get the crash flag. Not had a chance to view logs yet, but will do shortly.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    upload or post the lines in the crash log, and I'll let you know if its the same issue I'm having... I'm testing the fix over a few nights. Good news is I didn't have a crash last night... bad news is it's rain everyday

I'll upload the fix here once I'm happy with it... it's only a 1 liner, so doesn't have much of an impact!

Title
    Thanks
    Found this info in a file called l4lcrash.txt file in the /tmp folder. It's a new file that was created at 00:56:00 this morning:

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux/plugin.py", line 4018, in run
        para[0](para[1],para[2],para[3])
      File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/LCD4linux/plugin.py", line 9142, in putWetter
        if int(Regen.replace("%","")) >= int(LCD4linux.WetterRainColor2use.value):
    ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
    Unfortunately, I've only got a single E2 crash log file in /home/root/logs and this is for a kodi crash this morning. I guess that means I haven't had any other E2 crashes for a number (8) of days. I didn't have debug logs enabled, but have done that now. I'll also rename the l4lcrash.txt file and see if that removes the yellow flag.

Edit 1: Yes. Renaming that file has cleared the yellow crash flag! But I suspect it will come back again tomorrow morning.

Edit 2: I see that I'm getting exactly the same error as you.
    Last edited by chaser; 31-05-15 at 12:22. Reason: Confirm crash flag cleared

15. The Following User Says Thank You to chaser For This Useful Post:

pembo (31-05-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    i'll upload the fix here for you to test

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast