Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: User experiences?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

User experiences?

Hi folks. I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on the overall picture and sound quality on these boxes and if they differ between images? I have Vix, ATV, and 4D to choose from to be pre-loaded on my SE and have been thinking on any difference regarding picture and sound quality they may have?

Any thoughts appreciated as always.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    OpenViX is the best image out by a country mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Picture quality and sound should be the same between images you choose,personaly i would choose vix image to be pre-loaded for you,read up on tutorials on the forum and once your comfortable flashing your nano try the other images and see what suits you.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Try the images and decide for yourself. You will then see the differences/benefits of each.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot guys.

So much reading and research to do. Seeing as I can always flash different images when I feel up to it I'll take the advice handed out here by you kind folks and get openvix pre-loaded initially. Now to take that leap and actually make the purchase. I just want to have my research all done first.

Title
    Thanks
    I personally always fine the audio to ever so slightly out on the vix images and it a major bug bear with me. I use 4D images but others will say that openatv are the best. Infact I have some spare time later and I will try the latest vix image and see if I can get an image to install where I am happy with the audio. Oh and I have found you have to restart you cams after each reboot of the box on vix images.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kegnkiwi View Post
    I personally always fine the audio to ever so slightly out on the vix images and it a major bug bear with me. I use 4D images but others will say that openatv are the best. Infact I have some spare time later and I will try the latest vix image and see if I can get an image to install where I am happy with the audio. Oh and I have found you have to restart you cams after each reboot of the box on vix images.
    Might try opentv later,think you might of been unlucky with audio issues on vix tho ive never had an audio problem or cam problem,try downloading cam from the downloads in image,did you have the auto start ticked in cam setup?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I've run numerous boxes including Technomate boxes, with and without amp, never comes accross since audio sync issue.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    I have had this issue a long time and it has happened on both a tm-twin and nano-se it is very slight but annoying to me. I've run the box's direct to tv then use ARC to amp, and no issue with other images but this is not my thread and not a gripe at vix as I know many many people swear by images and you boys do a great job supporting tm.

Title
    Thanks
    I have had this issue a long time and it has happened on both a tm-twin and nano-se it is very slight but annoying to me. I've run the box's direct to tv then use ARC to amp, and no issue with other images but this is not my thread and not a gripe at vix as I know many many people swear by images and you boys do a great job supporting tm.
    That's why. Always take the receiver directly to the amp. If the picture is going to the tv then sound having to travel extra distance then of course the sound will come out after the picture.

Title
    Thanks
    Walt, blue ray, sat boxs, sky hd all wired the same way to hide the cable all working fine and same set up for years now issue. Other images on same box's all fine but lag on vix not going to change my set up as it works fine.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Very interesting reading the varying opinions today. It would seem there are arguments for and against all images / set ups etc. One consolation in all this is the ability to change images and play around with them to get the one that fits each individuals needs. I've been reading the Vix manual today to get a feel for things so would probably start from there anyway. Are there user manuals floating around for the other images? I can't seem to locate any myself unfortunately. Thanks to everyone so far for your very useful insight.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,276 Posts
    As all these images use the same closed source drivers how can it be possble there are lip sync differences between them?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    As all these images use the same closed source drivers how can it be possble there are lip sync differences between them?
    Why do vix images have different bootloaders to other images.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The latest TM bootloaders are cross platform.