Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Not recording and running sluggish.

Title
    Thanks

Not recording and running sluggish.

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me I have a gigablue quad plus and it has worked fine for ages, i have recently added an extra tuner and done a software update but I have 2 problems now

1. It quite frequently becomes sluggish and unresponsive to the remote control then it starts working again. It will work fine for 30 mins then become sluggish again. If i use the controls on the front of the box it works fine.
    I know its not the remote as i have two and it responds the same to both at the same time. I have Cache flush on it and it's nowhere near full when it's playing up so i know its not the cache memory.

2. It has also stopped recording when it wants to, i will have say 7 programmes set to record, 2 will record, 3 don't record and the next 2 will record but the 3 that don't record are all around the same time.

I have the following Image on it

Version Apollo
    Build 166
    Drivers 2015-04-06
    Kernel 2.14.2
    GStreamer 0.10.36 (GIT)
    Python 2.7.3
    Installed 2014-12-10
    Last Update 2015-04-08

I have also noticed that the swap manager is inactive does this need making active and what does it do?

Any help would be great as it's driving me mad and even worse the wife is constantly bitching at me because its mostly her programmes not recording.

Title
    Thanks
    hi, I have got the same problem on my quad (not +) however I worked it out it must be new kernel fault. Why? Simple. I was succesfully running an old firmware (january-february, vix/atv) since I did update it recently. And from May its a nightmare! Recording doesnt work or if it works recorded program/movie disappears after a while, just with no reason. Had a big library of shows/movies recorded and never watched (almost 300gb) and its now gone...but the main problem is slowing down no matter what u do, changing volume or channel, going into menu etc it keeps freezing and than it goes fine for a few minutes and than all over again. Couldnt stand it so been changing firmwares all this week with no joy at all. Tried all of them, it goes ok on opendroid and now on HDF, but still few issues on them and I expect it to crash once it goes 'hot' after a couple of hours running - temp in info shows 37 degrees, lol
    (and still nothing about hdd, even after changing it to different model). Any ideas if going back to older kernel will help? How to do it safely? Thanks

quad.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Your recordings can't just disappear without reason. Flashing the image does not touch your recordings!! You must have initialised the HDD.
    Have you fresh flashed without backups, thus meaning setting up as new!!
    I have reflashed images countless times and never have I lost any recordings, it just doesn't delete the HDD!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have no such problem on my Quad + but their is a Driver problem but that is nothing to do with Vix and we are waiting for Gigablue to update their Drivers i currently can not use Hades past 004 because of this problem it stops my Quad plus rebooting after a restart and it has to be switched of at the back, but knowing Gigablue i will not hold my breath for a fast driver fix, but that should not affect your recordings, and as Andy states try doing a fresh clean install but try Hades 004 and see how it goes

Title
    Thanks
    Im on hades 04 and it runs great no problems at all i do know of some driver issues but stay on 04 just now and all is good

Title
    Thanks
    Belive me or not but I still keep loosing my recordings and no I didn't initiate my hdd at any point and yes been flashing many (really many) times before for the last two years without any issues to the hard drive at all.
    I usually do not backup my settings so You can call it a fresh instalation almost each time. Here's what had happened: been running fine till two weeks agbe when decided to update to the newest image (been going on over 3 mths old one, yes, my fault, now I know if everything is smooth don't change it anyway, changed the software (hdd still OK) set few recording timers on and when came back next day to watch the last game of thrones the whole drive was empty! Impossible! I thought and checked through ftp to confirm it. Well, never mind but then slowing down appeared which is more worrying. Like I said, tried many images since and sooner or later sluggish moments were showing up. That's what it is now. Try to record smthg and it's there, u can watch it but after a while it will be erased even picons...

Title
    Thanks
    ok, flashing hades 004 just as soon as my hdd will finish formatting, will let u know here later...

Title
    Thanks
    Set up from scratch an initilise hdd usb ect

9. The Following User Says Thank You to casuk For This Useful Post:

krissjas (29-05-15)

Title
    Thanks
    First weird thing after fresh Hades installation... IMG_20150529_163005386.jpg
    There's Wi-Fi connection as You can see on the background but I cannot install or even browse plugins. Receiver is stable, for now...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Your TV is also overscanning - See left hand edge and top of menu box is off the screen.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Better? Still no internet connection in it while softcams are flying...

IMG_20150529_174452875.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Spot on! Don't know what the issue with no network access is, though There was a problem back in the earlier versions of Hades where a wi-fi adapter was not being checked correctly by the update server component. I'm sure it was fixed around release 6 or 7, though.

Oh wait! I just read back through the thread and I think you were installing 004 - correct? This definitely had an issue with wi-fi adapters. There is a work around which involves setting the wired and wireless parameters to exactly the same settings and enabling both. It only affects updates or plugin downloads and I presume you want to stick on 004 for the moment.
    Last edited by Joe_90; 29-05-15 at 17:57.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

krissjas (29-05-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I am as recommended by other users, it's running fine for 2 hrs now, should I try higher version or it will bring back bad memories with sluggish work? Hmmm

Title
    Thanks
    sorted! Did like You said and now I can enjoy my plugins and smooth run, will work on recording now. Thank You!