Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: LCD Display is not working on LX2

Title
    Thanks

LCD Display is not working on LX2

2nd post apart from my introduction.

I am already having some problems with one major one.

Small problem first.

I recieved my LX2 on Tuesday and quickly set it up on Tuesday night.

It all seemed to work well.

Wednesday night I decided to scan a few more satellites and try and get a good skin installed.

The original skin was too basic. I wanted a skin that showed server connection, hops etc, etc and also showed signal quality.

I tried one Blackspirit HD which I liked. Small fonts so more stuff on screen but it had problems. 1st it was german on some text. Also things like Media button showed text being cut due to wrong spacing.

Please could someone recommend a skin that has the features I require and in English? Cheers

Major Problem
    -------------

At around 1am last night, having scanned 7-8 satellites and installed TSMedia, tried KodiDirect which I could not get working and a few other plugins, I realised that the front panel display wasn't working. Not only was it not working but it has never has worked since turning it on. So I click the front panel to see if any packing was stuck in there obstructing the display etc, etc. I tried the Front Display setting and messed with the brightness settings. Nothing worked.

My DM800HDse LCD display stopped working after a couple of years, so I never missed this one working. My mate bought an LX2 a couple of weeks ago and I now remember a blue display.

So it looks like I have a duff unit...............unless there is some software/firmware problem which isn't turning on the display.

Please could someone advise?

I wouldn't want to send the unit back if its just a software problem.

Cheers

Ian

Title
    Thanks
    Xpeed LX2 is being returned today.

LCD has small ink splodge in lower left corner just off the matrix display. The other LED (I presume on/off) never worked either. So front display must be blown.

Apart from that, it worked great. So hopefully the next unit will be fully functional.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moley147 View Post
    Xpeed LX2 is being returned today.

LCD has small ink splodge in lower left corner just off the matrix display. The other LED (I presume on/off) never worked either. So front display must be blown.

Apart from that, it worked great. So hopefully the next unit will be fully functional.

image.jpg

Hi

I think my recent purchased lx2 has that to. Please see my picture

Do you think I should get exchanged? It was purchased from WOS.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    The 'ink splodge' is part of the VFD display and is not a problem at all. They all have it, regardless of make and model. It is always out of the graphics display area and is merely part of the manufacturing process involved in making the display tube itself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to electrocop For This Useful Post:

rossi2000 (31-07-15)