Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Netflix on solo2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Netflix on solo2

is there anyway of getting netflix plugin on solo2 vix image (166)? i have an account. i know xmbc had this when i used it sometime back/

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    No there is no native netflix support for the Enigma2 platform, I use a couple AFTV (Amazon fore TV) Boxes for my netflix account.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    cheers pal

Title
    Thanks
    if you install xbmc on the solo2 will the netflix addon not work?
    to OP

Title
    Thanks
    Nope that won't work, when I installed the xbmc plugin I failed with box freezups. Xbmc has been superseded by Kodi now so I am not sure why xmbc is even on the extensions feed.

My advice is if you want to run Netflix, IPlayer, BBC Player, Xbmc etc then use an Android box as they currently work faultlessly whereas the versions in TS Media and Kodi extension on Enigma2 have their issues. (Netflix, Amazon isn't available on Enigma2)

The Enigma2 has TS Media and Kodil extensions but their apps have been converted from Android to work on Enigma2 but the functionality and speed just isn't quite there (yet), for example Solar is quick and on Android shows how many working links it has, but on Enigma2 you wait ages and waste time clicking links that are 0 links. IStream isn't even available on Engima2 - maybe in future, who knows, Showbox is listed in Kodi but refuses t download ...meanwhile it's Android if you want reliability of finding what you want quickly.

I too was hopeful that my solo2 would do everything, alas no it does Satellite fantastically well and that's all it's good for really unless you want to waste hours achieving very little and making do.
    Last edited by orange1234; 03-05-15 at 19:56.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    XBMC is still on the feed because it is the only version VU published up to now. It is only 1 year old so it is not that old. You should not expect a really full blown XBMC/Kodi on an STB because the power is still rather low even with 1.3GHz.

Amazon is/was working in MediaPortal. Netflix will not work because it only works with certain browser which are not available for an STB.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

john doe (04-05-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    XBMC is still on the feed because it is the only version VU published up to now. It is only 1 year old so it is not that old. You should not expect a really full blown XBMC/Kodi on an STB because the power is still rather low even with 1.3GHz.

Amazon is/was working in MediaPortal. Netflix will not work because it only works with certain browser which are not available for an STB.

ciao
    Thanks for that Trial.

The XBMC pluging may be only a year old, but I can't get it to work...however it does a great job of crashing my Solo2 - with great efficiency

As a newbie myself last month, I imagined gold to be found in the plugins that could be downloaded and installed to make my Solo2 "even better" only to find that most appear to be useless or fluff. I mean, are 99% of the available extensions worth having?

The core extensions appear to come installed in Vix, (except, I would have loved HD Blue skin to come as standard when I was a newbie as it would have given some familiarity to an otherwise daunting journey into STB)

Trial, do you know of a list of recommended "Essential" plugins, in the feeds, with descriptions and screenshots of the plugin with a rating of usefulness? (just in case I missed something like media portal with Amazon Prime)

I have now uninstalled virtually everything on my Solo2, including TS Media and Kodi and keep my Solo2 purely as a TV satellite receiver, and if I want to check the wetter (sic) I either open the window or google it on my laptop.

For Kodi, XBMC, Netflix, Amazon Prime, the ITV, BBC Players etc, I use an android box on HDMI 2. Then I get the best of both worlds with no hassle and disappointment. Life is too short to be searching for stuff on TS Media and Kodi only to wait and wait for a search result and then to find there are no links.

Maybe when Kodi is more mature, I may have another look at it, probably by that time though Sky will have encrypted SD like they have HD and I'm back to a subscription, and it all becomes immaterial
    Last edited by orange1234; 05-05-15 at 09:53.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    "essential" plugin is a personal opinion. As I live if Germany I might have different ideas about what is usefull and what is not.

My "must haves" are:
    - PzyEmail for regular check for new e-mails
    - MediaPortal a huge selection of streaming portal
    - FritzCall to monitor telephone and show caller on TV

For weather there is at least something like Foreca as a plugin.

ciao
    ---
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Trial, the "Ciao" threw me, I at least thought you may be in Italy lol.

Is there a dual word for Ciao in German that means hello and goodbye?

By essential I meant essential to watch TV and films.

Emails, weather and telephony IMO are really all better done from a laptop. I guess they can be useful if you don't have a laptop though. Each to their own I guess.

I'll check media portal out though. Thanks for the tip
    Last edited by orange1234; 05-05-15 at 12:14.

Title
    Thanks
    Ciao because I love pizza, pasta and cappucini:-)

Ralf
    ---

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

judge (05-05-15),Mr. Mister (05-05-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts