Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VIX 1.3, delete EPG data..?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

VIX 1.3, delete EPG data..?

Here in Scandinavia, most channels are subbed in all our languages, and the EPG is also presented in most of our different languages. A movie can have one title in Sweden, and a different title in Norway or Denmark. My wee problem for the time being, is the fact that when I zap, the title of the show going on, is first presented in one language, and then switches over to my settings.

Imagine a movie called "The King". In Swedish it would be "Kungen", and in Norwegian it would be "Kongen". If I zap to a channel sending this imaginary movie, I would first read "Kungen" for a second or two, before the title changes into "Kongen". I know that it might seem like a small problem, but I can tell you that it is pretty annoying... Even more annoying is it when most of the titles in the EPG-list, is displayed in the wrong language.

I can't remember that I've had this problem before, and I've been thinking that it might have bee caused by me, experimenting with the EPG-settings. I've tried both the Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish XMLTV providers, as it was some channels without EPG in the beginning. In order to find out what is happening, I really would like to know how I can reset the EPG files in the box. Is it possible in any way to delete the existing EPG-files, so I can get a fresh start..? For the time being, none of the providers are activated, not even the MHW, Freesat, EIT and ViaSat EPG's are enabled. Still I get the same, full EPG.

I've tried deleting the epg.dat files from hdd and media/hdd, as well as all the files in the crossepg-folder, but for no good. They re-appear as soon as I reload the EPG/restart the box. For now, I'm giving up... All deleted files are restored and given the correct properties, so it should now be just like it was before I started the attempt in deleting the EPG-data. Maybe I will have to wait for a full week, in order to let the EPG be out-dated..?

If you could advice me in this, I sure would be glad.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Nobody knows..?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Sorry, haven't been active on the forums for the last few days. Too much christmas shopping and other stuff to get done irl... Anyway, back to your point...

Telnet in to the box, and issue the command:

Code:
    init 4
    This will close down enigma2 (so make sure you're not recording or anything ).

Right, now, you will need to delete all epg cache and data. Make sure there is no epg.dat in /media/hdd, /media/usb, or anywhere you might have saved it. Remove the data within the crossepg folders that might have been created.

Now, start enigma2 again:

Code:
    init 3
    That should clear out any data.

Then, try again getting the data. If it comes up with the wrong data after load, repeat the above, and try different sources...

hth
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

Hamram (13-12-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanx pooface! I will try this ASAP!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamram View Post
    Thanx pooface! I will try this ASAP!
    Report back. Let us know how it goes :-)

Sent by my phone
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish