Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
IIRC, if the EPG is corrupt you need to shut down the GUI, delete the current EPG data (/media/usb/epg.dat?) then restart the GUI.
Leaving the corrupt one there won't help.

However once crashed, switching off at the mains and switching back on again restores full operation including a fully populated EPG, presumably read from the USB drive. The error message of "EPG Cache is corrupt " suggests its the copy in RAM that has become corrupt. If I use the box, say, 4 hours a day for weeks and switching to deep standby in between I only see a very slight slowing down at the end of the sessions. And this is with extensive channel hopping by way of the graphical EPG. I don't see crashes until the box has been left on permanently for much, much longer.

The question is what is repeatedly corrupting the EPG Cache/RAM? Running out of memory the longer the box is left on??

I will delete the existing EPG on the USB - I also have another drive I can try. Unfortunately it may be a while before I can report back as I have no plans to be in front of the box for any length of time in the near future.