Since fresh flashing for version155/6+ I've noticed some strange behaviour on my Miraclebox Twin. The problems still exist with another couch flash of build 166. No extra plug-ins, no timeshift, EPG with around 2 dozen channels. The box fan left permanently on. No backup restore of anything previously set-up.

After being on for around 4 to 6 hours the box starts becomes sluggish and slow to respond to the remote. For instance, selecting the (graphical) EPG and the spinning VIX will appear for 5 seconds followed by the EPG being written to the screen slowly in another 5 seconds.

Leave the box on for another 2 hours and the EPG will take twice as long to appear. Selecting any menu item will result in the spinning VIX for 10 seconds.

Leave the box on for another 2 hours and it will start rebooting every 15 minutes. This is not a full boot. The front panel will still report the channel being watched, the TV screen shows the normal startup VIX photo splash screen and after 10 seconds the box will revert to showing the TV picture again. No error logs are produced and no error message on the screen.

If left for a lot longer the spinning VIX appears forever and the box stops responding to the remote.

The timespan for starting to see the problem is reduced by perhaps an hour if recording during the period.

Switching the box off/on from the mains restores full working order for another 4/5 hours until the box starts becoming sluggish again. This suggests that its not a heat problem.

Although I have no proof, it is symptomatic of memory leak problems I've seen on other equipment.